mtbr member

Making tracks: University Lake Single Tracks

A fellow fat biker and I decided since we work close to University Lake we might as well make our own single tracks going through the woods so we could have more technical trails to ride that are close enough to ride during lunch or after work. So far we have put in a couple miles worth, of course they get snowed on often so maintaining them takes a lot of work with just two people on snow shoes. Anyhow, here is a sneak peak at a little bit of our trails. When I find time to do some video editing I'll post up a better video.

Our new UST trails on Vimeo

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009
    Nice guys!... I work real close to that area as well. I'll have to check out your work..

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Might have to take my secondary commute route to find these one morning/evening, Great work!!!

Embed if the above url!

Our new UST trails from Andrew Cunningham on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlinky View Post
    Nice guys!... I work real close to that area as well. I'll have to check out your work..
    Thanks, They need some work. We haven't gotten out as much since last weeks dump. We started walking them again but they weren't very rideable yet. I'll see if I can post a garmin connect link to give a better idea of where they are located. Other people have started walking them or skiing them once in awhile too which is cool. They are pretty random trails though so don't expect them to end up in a logical place! But they are all pretty short and won't take you but a few minutes out of your way! They are slow and technical and we are having fun just seeing who can touch down the least or get through the fastest. Watch for moose, there are a few that I have seen out there every single day I've ridden there.

Oh and feel free to bring your snowshoes and fix any spots you see fit!

mtbr member

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009
    Thanks for the map! Looks fun....

mtbr member
    just finished stomping them all back down after work. Also created 2 new ones. As cold as it is, should be solid tomorrow and ready to ride the rest of the week! Enjoy

mtbr member
    Trails are solid! we rode them today, they are technical and narrow. Here's a better back that includes our two new sections we put in this week. They will be rideable till the next big snow! On a bad note, I ripped off my derailer today, not sure what it snagged on either.

mtbr member
    Here's more footage. Actually it's a pretty long video but was a ton of fun! some crashes and bloopers at the end too!

University Lake Single Tracks from Andrew Cunningham on Vimeo.

is buachail foighneach me
    Rode several of your trails a couple of evenings ago. Really fun stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Rode several of your trails a couple of evenings ago. Really fun stuff.
    Glad you enjoyed! Check back often, they get more fun as you get used to them and can go faster. We'll try to keep them packed in if we have time and of course we'll try to expand them when we can.

mtbr member
    trails were ridden again recently after the light dusting of snow. Good to see someone is finding and riding them. I started punching in a new section with snowshoes today. Should be done by the end of the week. Riding the same old ones again today after work to keep everything packed in!

bikewrider.blogspot.com
    Jun 2011
    Good stuff, I snuck out there around noon. I approve.

Bonus was seeing a little owl (Boreal owl I'd guess) hanging out in one of the trees while I was exploring.

Wanderer
    Fun video to watch!

I like seeing how you crazy snow people bike in that stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike wRider View Post
    Good stuff, I snuck out there around noon. I approve.

Bonus was seeing a little owl (Boreal owl I'd guess) hanging out in one of the trees while I was exploring.
    Glad you enjoyed. I saw your tracks after work when I went to ride. Thanks for starting to ride in some of that light dusting of snow.

I snowshoed in a new section today and it links with several of the other trails. See if you can find it! It's packed down and ready for riding! Probably going to add in several others next week or make a longer one.

mtbr member
    Extended out one of my favorite trails with the help and suggestion of another guy I bumped into out there while snowshoeing, he was out there helping to pack stuff down as well! Awesome!

This trail now is almost a mile of continuous single track- it parallels/by-passes the main powerline trail along University Lake.
    So if you want to take out some of your boring straight line ride as you are going by, hop on this trail and have some fun!

mtbr member
    I really liked that video