KuskoRiverCruiser

Looking for a tool...

Have a hub with inset axle nut on the drive side...kinda buried in the freehub body...need to be able to get on it to counter it off the outer nut and lock the axle...15mm inner, 17mm outer. Obviously important as this sets the load on the hub bearings.

Is there any kinda of 'bent or 90d angled' cone wrench that would work? Where?

Do I have to make my own?

Suggestions!?

Martin

BTW...I know a number of Alaskans use some of the legacy WTB GG components thats why I double posted this here...
    Last edited by qayaq_alaska; 11-26-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    Martin
    [SIZE=1]"The pursuit of truth and adventure is far more noble a task than looking for work", [/SIZE]
    http://fatbikealaska.blogspot.com/

Wood chips are stupid

lots of tools

need a tool? Try the political forum.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    What hub is this?

KuskoRiverCruiser

WTB Grease Guard...

Momentum version...circa 90's...

BTW...I know a number of Alaskans use some of the legacy WTB GG components thats why I double posted this here...

Quyana Pete

M
    Martin
    [SIZE=1]"The pursuit of truth and adventure is far more noble a task than looking for work", [/SIZE]

FatBike Fiend

Idea!

You usually need to back the non drive cone and locknut off enough to slide the axle over toward the drive side and then tighten it up when it is protruding enough. Make sure you get it good and snug and then do your fine adjustment from the non drive side. This works on most rear hubs, not sure about the WTB but it should.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    What he said, though I have no experience with that hub. RTR and Endo rando should have some ideas.

KuskoRiverCruiser

Not that easy...

Wish it was...:

The axle has a race on the drive side which seats in a really nice bearing...but thats as far as she goes...axle only removes from the non-drive side. Drive side bearing must be pre-loaded individually.

Been using the hubs for a while and adjusting by leveraging the cone w/ a cutdown chainring bolt tool...need something a little more positive and specialized. madman:

90degree angled cone wrench would be perfect...anything out there?

Maybe its time to get out the grinder...

ML

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    You usually need to back the non drive cone and locknut off enough to slide the axle over toward the drive side and then tighten it up when it is protruding enough. Make sure you get it good and snug and then do your fine adjustment from the non drive side. This works on most rear hubs, not sure about the WTB but it should.
    Martin