mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Kincaid Trails/Raspberry Court.

Dear Friends,
    If you live in the Sand Lake, Jewel Lake, Strawberry, Northwood, Connors Bog area. If you Bike, Ski, run, snow shoe, play soccer, use the Archery Range, fish or do triathlon at Beer Can/Little Campbell Lake and Kincaid Park please come to the Sand Lake community council meeting tomorrow evening at 6:30 pm and make your voices heard. I know it is an inconvenience but that is what the Mayor is counting on. It will be the largest change in the community and to Kincaid Park that I can ever remember happening in a hugely negative way. If you cannot attend please email the mayor and all your assembly member mayor@muni.org, Assembly man Tim Steele Steele@muni.org, Assembly man Ernie Hall halle@muni.org. Please do not take this lightly or for granted. If we donít speak up and let them know this is not the place for this facility it could become reality. Please take time tomorrow and come to the community council meeting. Please take 20 min and email your assembly member and the mayor.
    Thanks Chad

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Raspberry Court could be good for Kincaid. Let's look at the upside to this proposal. Homeless inebriates cut in some sweet singletrack with all that foot traffic. I consider Kincaid Moose Sanctuary to be largely unusable anyway. With all the new homeless camps and police activity, it may drive the moose out of the park. Then, we can once again use the park without getting charged and turned around by moose every ride. I can't get around a moose laying across the trail, but I can totally bunny-hop some dude passed out on the trail. My glass is half full.
    Stay in the fight, Chad!
    c

Bikes are good
    Where do you propose they build something like this then? It is clearly needed, and it would be a huge relief for the rest of the city to have an establishment for these people to recover, get on their feet, and begin to lead a successful life. If there was space by where I live, I wouldn't mind it being there at all. The people that would be there aren't criminals, they are homeless, and need rehabilitation. Currently there is nothing to help get these people off the street for good. The proposed plan would have shelter and counseling services to help curb the homeless problem that, (just in case you are unaware is growing exponentially in the rest of the city outside of Kincaidville).

Thanks for the contacts. I'll be sending letters too. Then lets keep this forum about riding, not your ignorant and selfish stance against helping people that need help.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Your the man Mark you should moderate this site.

Bikes are good
    Oh man. You're someone I know? Well then, I'm glad I could be straightforward with you.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincaider View Post
    Your the man Mark you should moderate this site.
    I'm confused. Are you suggesting that Mark is "the man" because he called you "ignorant" and "selfish"? I for one, don't believe this site needs a moderator that resorts to name calling if your position on sociological needs differs from his.
    You can have your opinion Chad. You can also share that opinion. Especially if it effects a recreation site that we all use to MT. BIKE.

c

Bikes are good
    Well, it wouldn't have an affect on the mountain biking. I thought your excitement about bum jumping was just a joke, not an actual concern.

Rest assured though, the homeless will continue to rot in the streets because the project costs too much money. The airport will get the land now instead. I rescind my name calling, it wasn't nice. I would really love to be the moderator of this site.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbkr50 View Post
    Well, it wouldn't have an affect on the mountain biking. I thought your excitement about bum jumping was just a joke, not an actual concern.

Rest assured though, the homeless will continue to rot in the streets because the project costs too much money. The airport will get the land now instead. I rescind my name calling, it wasn't nice. I would really love to be the moderator of this site.
    I believe it would have had and affect on mt. biking. All the trails to the east of Tower Power and Horseshoe are on FCC land. I think this is the perfect forum to discuss local issues that may or may not have an affect on our trails. I didn't see any thing in Kincaider's remarks that indicated he was ignorant or selfish. What I saw was someone trying to get the information out to a broader audience. Nor did I read anything he said to be a "Joke".
    litespeed's break

Elitest thrill junkie
    A homeless shelter for moose?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Consolidate the bloated spending projects, provide overnight housing for the homeless inside in the Mayor's $10million indoor tennis courts while feeding them with moose-meat harvested from Kinkaid.

Bikes are good
    Quote Originally Posted by ak greeff View Post
    I believe it would have had and affect on mt. biking. All the trails to the east of Tower Power and Horseshoe are on FCC land. I think this is the perfect forum to discuss local issues that may or may not have an affect on our trails. I didn't see any thing in Kincaider's remarks that indicated he was ignorant or selfish. What I saw was someone trying to get the information out to a broader audience. Nor did I read anything he said to be a "Joke".
    Well we could go on and on with this. The "joke" comment came from ANYRIDE's post, not Kincaider's. I apologized for my mean comments. If they "may not" have an affect on the trails, what's the point of discussing them here? The people that would be using that facility would have a shelter, so they wouldn't be choosing to sleep in the woods outside their shelter. Probably. The area is going to be developed some time by something. The campaign that Kincaider was helping promote was against a facility that I strongly believe this city and a lot of its most at-risk and susceptible people need. I like our trails, I love living in this city, but I'm also a humanitarian and reading about people being beaten to death, raped, and swept under the carpet because they are homeless is unacceptable. To me, promoting a campaign fighting against the slightest opportunity to help some of these people receive services is selfish.

Your belief that it would have an affect on mountain biking might be valid. But really? Boo hoo. It wouldn't make it so we couldn't ride there, in the worst case scenario it would be a little irritating if we saw "them" crawling about on "our" trails. Also probably wouldn't happen because they would have been contained on the property.

That's where I'm coming from. The shelter isn't happening. "Thank God". The "not in my backyard" mentality of that entire neighborhood bothers me. Impacting Kincaid in "a hugely negative way", is not just an announcement about a meeting, it's a protest against doing what is right, which inspired my not so nice post in the first place.

Ride on dudes. Keep up the great work out there.

seedub
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayJay View Post
    Consolidate the bloated spending projects, provide overnight housing for the homeless inside in the Mayor's $10million indoor tennis courts while feeding them with moose-meat harvested from Kinkaid.
    Bingo! We have a winner!
    you may have come before us on no bicycle, but that does not say you know everything.