mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Kincaid STA Status

The Tower of Power, Bolling Alley, and Kitchen Sink are packed. Rode tower of power about 10 pm ; last night and had to go 4psi but could ride the uphillís in granny.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The entire Kincaid STA system was packed and hit with a tire drag last night.

Wood chips are stupid
    thanks
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    well the trails got hammered in the a.s.s. race today. but they rode pretty well for a wile.
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Touched up Tower of Power after the race. Bolling alley is riding nice as well as kitchen sink. L Train, C money, Good Greeff are soft but ride able.

mtbr member
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Kincaid is back. Track packed and smoothed. Rode Tower of Power to Bolling Alley, sand box back on Kitchen sink. Snow bonded nicely to the Ice. Still use caution under any spruce trees, seemed to really melt out in those spots. The uphillís on Good Greef, and Bolling alley by the stadium where more like a bobsled run than a bike trail. Mother Nature is going to have to fix those I think. L train and C-Money where good. Defiantly worth getting out and riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Thanks!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    You are awesome Kincaider.

mtbr member
    Kincaid is riding well again. Chad and I groomed wall to wall Thursday night. Everything but the steepest hills are ridable. Check it out!
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I repacked and tire dragged the entire Kincaid STAís Sunday night when it was 40F. It set up really nice. Probably riding as good as it has all season. Touched up the tower of Power Ĺ Bolling alley put in the connecter from bottom of Flomax over to the bottom of Sugar Lumps so you donít have to go all the way to the chalet and most importantly you donít have to ride on the ski trails. There has been some complaining on Cross Country Alaskaís Trail site that fat tire bikes have been riding the groomed ski trails at Kincaid. This brings be to my next point. I am sure that these folk arenít on here but in case they are or if you see someone doing this please ask them not to. To the two guys that road side by side from the end of Tower of Power to the Jodhpur parking lot on the groomed ski trails last night please stop doing this it does no one any favors I am sure it was a mistake.
    Thanks Chad

Anchorage, AK
    You are the man, Chad!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The Kincaid trails are primo right now! Probably the best I've seen them all year. Thank you Ryan and Chad!

mtbr member
    Big Ski Race in Kincaid today, Consider riding elsewere.
    Like the title say's, there is a major ski race in Kincaid today (The Sven Johansen). This a 30 kilometer race considered the tour of Kincaid. It will go through severel of the Sta-Nsaa trail intersections. I would like to advise we (bikers and other multi use trail users) take a proactive aproach and ride elsewere untill after 3pm today. Im sure the course has been groomed to the 9's and is very sharp. I would like to avoid potential user group conflict's by asking that we just avoid the area untill after 3pm. Thanx for your cooperation. Nsaa has been very gracious and giving to our cause and I believe we can continue to foster this relationship.

Ps. On a side note there have been complaints of bikers riding on groomed ski trails both in Kincaid and on the Hillside. Unless you are on a multiuse trail, it is imapropriate to ride on groomed ski trails! It is very damaging to the efforts of Sta, and a thorn in Nsaa' s side. I would not be supprised if Nsaa get's fed up and retracs their support for our future projects. Let's work togeather to make sure that does not happen.
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    I drug the Kincaid trails this morning, with cold temps settling on us they should set up great. It's beautiful out there right now.
    litespeed's break

AKTed
    Sep 2004

Thanks ak greeff!

Awsome job! Here's a few pics from this morning.

From the small footprints I saw in a few places, you must have had an assistant with you!
    Last edited by AKTed; 02-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Indeed, I had a helper!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kincaid STA Status-img_4021.jpg  

litespeed's break

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Touched up the STAís last night. Did two passes around L-Train, C-money, and sand box knocked down all the big wind drifts on the ridge. Kincaid is still riding the best it has all year.
    Chad