mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Kincaid Bear activity

Just a FYI. ADF&G removed a newborn moose that a bear had killed on the NW corner of the Kincaid Road gravel pit. It was right next to the social trail where the high school kids have fire pit parties. Not sure what type of bear it was. This is a pretty popular access for a lot of Bikers, Runner, Hikers accessing the Horseshoe ski trail and the Tower of Power on the STA trails.
    Chad
    Last edited by Kincaider; 05-31-2013 at 12:13 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincaider View Post
    Just a FYI. ADG&G removed a newborn moose that a bear had killed on the NW corner of the Kincaid Road gravel pit. It was right next to the social trail where the high school kids have fire pit parties. Not sure what type of bear it was. This is a pretty popular access for a lot of Bikers, Runner, Hikers accessing the Horseshoe ski trail and the Tower of Power on the STA trails.
    Chad

Thank you for posting!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Article about this from Alaska Dispatch:
    Biking trails open in Kincaid Park; beware charging moose, skulking bear | Alaska Dispatch

I nearly ran into that momma moose and calf on Lee's last week. They were sitting down around a blind corner and I braked just in time to not run into them. The calf ran off and the momma just sat there looking at me. Couldn't believe she didn't attack me with the amount of aggressiveness she has been displaying recently; someone was definitely looking out for me. Needless to say I got out of there as fast as possible.

I'm sorry to say but it's just too dangerous right now to be riding around Kincaid at high speeds.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    We ran into the momma moose out on the road 2 nights ago, she was just sitting there with one baby. This was before they cleaned up the baby..