rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Johnson Pass, Resurection

These trails are really so primo for riding now ! I am looking for a biking partner or partners to car pool and drive down to ride one these trails, so if your interested please let me
    know ! Bikes with snocat or way phat wheels would probably be preferred but the trail surface conditions maybe compassionate to regular wheeled bikes.
    Last edited by rio; 02-26-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Ologist
    I was down working on the Res trail a couple of weeks ago and they ARE in great shape - in fact I think they are better now than on most days in the summer!! I am pretty that the trail is closed for snowmachines now too.

Wish I had time to go.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    These trails are really so primo for riding now !
    Really!? I know they get a bit more snow down that way but I've never checked it out in the winter. No FatBike here but I could be talked into taking a "sick" day at Johnson's Pass sometime next week.

Bubba??? Where you at...you've been quiet far too long. I KNOW you're itching for a ride. Pull youself away from PhotoShop for a day.

Mr.Secret
    on both rides with the speediest being Res. as of last Sun.
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 02-28-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Mr.Secret
    One more thing, if this high pressure system sticks around you would probably get by just fine on Res. with Sno-cats. Johnson Pass I'd suggest Large Marges' otherwise you'll be workin' it. ( yourself )

Mr.Secret
    Sundays Cooper Landing to Swan Lake ride on Resurection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I would be interested this weekend provided paramount comes up with my snow cat SL's by then.I sincerly wish that someone else would start producing these other than Simon in Fairbanks,at the rate things are going winter will be over before I get them ! Maybe I should learn to build wheels!

Mr.Secret
    Johnson Pass from 2-19-07
    Attached Images Attached Images

Caveman
    Nice Rick, That ride to Swan lake looks awesome in the winter..
    way to get after it!
    Is there any trail up the pass?

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Nice Rick, That ride to Swan lake looks awesome in the winter..
    way to get after it!
    Is there any trail up the pass?
    Yep, you could go point to point, Hope / Cooper landing. The trail on the Hope side is just a tick softer but not as many whoops as on the Cooper end . Across the top there are a couple of short sections one might have to push even with 4.0 tires. With this wind event that's going on you have to think there's alot of loose snow being transported so you really never know what you'll find 'til you're there. I'm kinda' thinkin' Cooper Lake to Lost Lake in the next few days......weather dependent. What are you thinkin' ?...............Or are you ?

Caveman
    man I bet lost lake would be great now too..

Thanks but, Not really thinking, my bum knee has been keeping me from riding much. I'm an armchair biker now that likes to daydream...

Yeah this all this wind lately is nasty, went up into Lynx creek for an overnight ski trip last weekend and all we found was sastrugi and wind slabs.

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    man I bet lost lake would be great now too..

Thanks but, Not really thinking, my bum knee has been keeping me from riding much. I'm an armchair biker now that likes to daydream...

Yeah this all this wind lately is nasty, went up into Lynx creek for an overnight ski trip last weekend and all we found was sastrugi and wind slabs.
    I think Alyeska calls that " packed powder "...........is that where you tweaked your knee, Lynx Creek ?

No, that's not phonetic
    Great shots. Nice job. Nice ride.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Caveman
    There is a snowmachine trail up Lynx Creek as well, you could head out from Johnson pass parking lot, straight towards Lynx Creek valley, cross the stream and head up. You climb a bunch then it levels out, totally ridable. Would be a fun ride one, you could do both that and Johnsons in the same day I bet. Also the snowmachine trail continues down to the logging area at Silvertip Creek on the south side of bench creek.

beer is good
    Hey Rick, great shots, thanks for puttin' em up. Looks like you're getting some awsome rides in this year.....WAY cool!
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"