dft
    mtbr member

help on finding a good technical trail

hi all

i am taking a trip to the anchorage area in june and looking for the best possible trail out there. i'm mostly doing other stuff, but have access to a bike and would love to ride one day. i love very technical/steep, large vertical drop singletrack trails if possible. the knarlier the better. any help would be appreciated, ideal for me is all up, then all down.(i could drive 1-2 hours if need be)

if anyone is ever in san diego, i'd be happy to show you around.

thanks

Ologist
    Unless you want an epic mountain pass traverse (JohnsonPass, Devils Pass, Lost Lake, Crescent Lake) on the Kenai, I would head over to Campbell/Hilltop area in Anchorage. The Llama Trail and Brown Bear Trail may fit your needs and there is planty of exploring to be done too. The hillside is riddled with trails. Be aware that even on the hillside in town you will ridning in brown bear country. Sometimes early June is still too wet to hit the mountain trails.

Mr.Secret
    Just make motor noises while you're riding, that's what I do...........oh never mind, I still encounter lots-o-bears on my rides in the summer months. If that worries ya just stay on the bike path that parallells C Street, ' oughta be safe there.