Alaska Turner Mafia

Has anyone ridden lately?

I'm just trying to get a trails conditions report. With 25 inches of snow in the last week ruling out most riding I'm getting awfully antsy to get out. (Also need to burn off some Christmas dessert and Moose Drool Brown Ale) Couple the snowfall with the delays in grooming due to the holidays and riding may still be iffy. Anyone know if hillside multi-user trails have been groomed? Has the North Bivwack area seen any skijoring traffic?

I did notice that the bike path up Abbott and Birch have been freshly cleared, so a studded tire ride at least is a spinning option.

Anyone getting out today? Adam is that new SnoCat bike built and ready for a test? Ak29, rio, Beemer, anyone? How about the Coastal/Chester Creek trail? Any info would be appreciated. thanks,
    Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

time to snowshoe?

too soft to dare for me - maybe after a little meltdown. On the other hand, the skiing and snowshoeing are excellent in the front country. Off-trail between Prospect & Glen Alps the snow is over 3' deep now - as much thigh burn as you want if you tromp fast. The Upper O'Malley park entrance is an excellent place to start . . .

Beware of Doggerel

Can't get out today

Spent the weekend on skis. Viewpoint is groomed. Tour trial appeared groomed as well.

Jo-Ann's new bike is not yet built, too much playing on skis this weekend. looks like more snow today.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

TKCt

I am going to meet Manny at the Covey Cafe at Westchester 2 PM today to get some spin time on the Coastal Trail so consider this an open invitation to everyone to work off those Xmas calories !

Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    I'm just trying to get a trails conditions report. With 25 inches of snow in the last week ruling out most riding I'm getting awfully antsy to get out. (Also need to burn off some Christmas dessert and Moose Drool Brown Ale) Couple the snowfall with the delays in grooming due to the holidays and riding may still be iffy. Anyone know if hillside multi-user trails have been groomed? Has the North Bivwack area seen any skijoring traffic?

I did notice that the bike path up Abbott and Birch have been freshly cleared, so a studded tire ride at least is a spinning option.

Anyone getting out today? Adam is that new SnoCat bike built and ready for a test? Ak29, rio, Beemer, anyone? How about the Coastal/Chester Creek trail? Any info would be appreciated. thanks,
    Rando

Mr.Secret
    No rides since last Sun. Knik ride. But I can say the backcountry ski conditions don't get much better than they are right now.........

FatBike Fiend

Skiing? What's that?

Actually I have been skiing lately but today I rode my bike out the Moose Meadows/ Wasilla Cr. Headwaters trail behind Dallas' place (near the base of Hatcher Pass) and it was pretty good. It was a bit soft on snowmachine tracks but ridable at a good pace on a FatBike @ 5 psi. and was a good way to help burn off those Xmas binge eating/drinking calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.T.R.
    No rides since last Sun. Knik ride. But I can say the backcountry ski conditions don't get much better than they are right now.........
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com