Thread: Handlebar mit?

Devo

Handlebar mit?

I dont live in Alaska, I ride a Pug every day (no car guy), the winter here in Monterey, Ca gets to my hands a bit, and i keep dreaming of one of those handlebar mits i see people using.
    Obviously my rainy day rides could be extented and maybe i'd say bye bye to cold wet hands.

where can i buy one?

thanks.....D
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

Diaskeuast

Go cheap

If all you need is some wind/rain protection in California, you'd be crazy to spend $100 on one of the sets made for extreme cold. I'd recommend spending no more than about $30 for something like this:

http://www.cabelas.com/spodw-1/0006032.shtml

Here in Anchorage, I use a $32 pair of Polaris poagies made for snowmobile use. I just need protection for winter commuting, but I've used them in sub-zero cold several times and they worked great.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

KuskoRiverCruiser

Good job! I agree....

you don't need much...just get the wind off of your hands! Keep it simple!

FYI Devo, I traveled across the top of the N.American Continent via the Arctic Ocean with a set of paddle-pogies that I sewed-up from an $3.00 rubberized army surplus stuff sac! They've got a little more aquaseal on them but I still have/use them

BTW...nice work with the touring Pugs...great rides...keep the 'fatbike' posts coming...AFAIC, you're welcome on this board any time!

Speaking of wind off of your hands...FEI...when my 'home-rides' were 'above' the Arctic Circle I used a custom fairing on my bike...it was critical in keeping Arctic winds off of hands, torso and head and really the difference between being able to ride & 'not'.!

Living on the one of the largest river deltas in the world where unabated winter winds coming off the Bering Sea are truly 'show stoppers'...yes, no trees to speak of....I'm going back to a fairing system for some of our Kusko River Kruzers.

Zzip is laying up the fairings for the Jones and Mary Bars we're using...similar to the MTB fairings on their page...will post more this winter regarding the design and use.

FEI

http://www.zzipper.com/products.html

ml aoc
    Martin
    [SIZE=1]"The pursuit of truth and adventure is far more noble a task than looking for work", [/SIZE]
    http://fatbikealaska.blogspot.com/

Devo

I knew you guys would know....

thanks for the info. I knew you'd know. come this winter all the roadies will be laffing at me again, that is until...they are cold and heading home! and im still riding, riding, riding, riding away....ha ha ha!

thanks.....
    peace......d
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

Caveman
    cool website D !