mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Hammerman Tri - Saturday 7/14 - Bolling Alley Notice

The Hammerman Triathlon will be happening at Kincaid Park on Saturday, July 14th.

The race includes a 13 mile mountain bike course. A portion of the course is utilizing the Bolling Alley loop in a counter-clockwise direction. This is opposite of the normal direction for an even-numbered day. Racers should be on the course from about 10:30am until 1:00 or 1:30pm.

We will have notices posted at most of the trail entrances this week. We appreciate any help in passing the word to others who might be out using the trails during race time. We want to minimize the chances of anyone getting hurt.

Volunteers wanted - We are still looking for a few volunteers to help out with the bike course. Primarily, we are looking for a few to man some key intersections. In addition, we could use a couple to "roam" the trails during the race. If you are able to help out, please contact me directly and I can get you the details.

jasonlamoreaux (at) hotmail (dot) com

bikewrider.blogspot.com
    Jun 2011

Just seems like a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    The Hammerman Triathlon will be happening at Kincaid Park on Saturday, July 14th.
    A portion of the course is utilizing the Bolling Alley loop in a counter-clockwise direction. This is opposite of the normal direction for an even-numbered day.
    jasonlamoreaux (at) hotmail (dot) com

I'll be the first to say it: that just seems like a bad idea. . . . weekend . . . prime hours . . . race pace . . . Wrong Direction! . . .

I'm sure there are reasons why, blah, blah, blah . . .

but it still seems like a bad idea . . . go with the flow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike wRider View Post
    I'll be the first to say it: that just seems like a bad idea. . . . weekend . . . prime hours . . . race pace . . . Wrong Direction! . . .

I'm sure there are reasons why, blah, blah, blah . . .

but it still seems like a bad idea . . . go with the flow.
    The race course was set well before any directional policy was set. As it is only part of a larger course, it isn't as simple as just going the other direction. It is also a course that will stay the same from year to year, so it will be going the "right" direction next year.

We are trying to get the word out to as many people as possible to minimize any potential issues. Combined with the posted signs, people should be well aware of the race.