FatBike Fiend

Granite Creek Canyoneering

Just got back from a ride with Bill and Kathi M up Granite Creek just up the highway from Sutton. We got about 4 miles up from the highway through a really cool canyon. The ice was super slick so I put my Freddies Revenge tires on the Large Marge wheels. I didn't think they would fit very well but they worked great, it put all the studs on the ice for super traction but man were they noisy.

Despite all the cold weather lately, there was still a lot of open water probably due to the fact that these are big rapids in the summer with a pretty good gradient to the creek. It looked like the ice had frozen during high water then the water went down and left all sorts of hollw areas as BillM found out when he encountered a real icehole. It was a great slalom ride coming back down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Bill M

Granite Creek Ride

Yeah, was a really fun ride in our new backyard. If Bill and Mark made it across some of those ice bridges I knew it was safe for me to cross.
    Anybody know anything about studded dog booties? Poor Charley needed studded tires today too. He was slipping and sliding on the ice.

Kathi M.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Awesome pics! Kinda looks like you could get into trouble if you did not watch were you rode!

Bill M

Thin Ice

The picture of me in the hole wasn't staged. I got a little careless but luckily it was a dry hole. A little sore today after a 5 foot drop using my Fatbike for an ice axe but it was a great ride. If you ride the ice ride smart!
    Bill M

Beware of Doggerel

Nice Pics

I was out by sheep mtn two weeks ago on skis man it was cold. I haven't set up my big tired bike yet, she's just sitting in the garage, gazing wistfully at the nice hardpacked trails.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.