mtbr member
    Nov 2011

good fatbike tire for AK summer trails?

Anyone have practical tips on a tire upgrade for summertime riding in the Anchorage area? I've got a 2011 Fatback that I don't want to leave on the hook this summer but I'm too cheap to build a whole other 29er wheelset for it, just looking to replace my larry/endo tire combo with something to have fun with on the singletrack around here. I'm looking at maybe a pair of Nates or Husker Dus but does anyone else around here ride fatties in the summer and have you found a setup that works well?

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    It's all about conditions, and when its dry Larry's front and back work just fine for me. if I had to upgrade or needed a 2nd set of tires, i'd go Husker Du based on other riders reviews. Nate is overkill to me and if your riding the trails with mud, you shouldn't really be riding! ;p

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    It's all about conditions, and when its dry Larry's front and back work just fine for me. if I had to upgrade or needed a 2nd set of tires, i'd go Husker Du based on other riders reviews. Nate is overkill to me and if your riding the trails with mud, you shouldn't really be riding! ;p

Oh NO! Not the dreaded mud, we better turn back and go sit on the couch.

Crazy Alaskan MTBer
    What's a fat bike to begin with? I'm sorry, off topic, but... Curiosity?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by L.t. View Post
    What's a fat bike to begin with? I'm sorry, off topic, but... Curiosity?

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I run Larry's on my pugs in the summer. They roll decent on pavement, good traction off road.