rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Goober Smacked Update # 2

The Black Bear and Brown Bear sections are now excluded.
    The course is altered to have the rider now go from the Tour Trail to View Point to Moose Meadows, from the Moose Meadows trail to the Rover's Run Trail turn right on to Rover's and ride back to the start.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Steve and I pre-rode the course with rio today, and there's one hazard to watch for: the bridge crossing near the Tudor Rd. substation has some overflow with slush. There's potential for wet feet, so hopefully it freezes up solid during the next week. Otherwise, choose your steps carefully.

I'd say rio's decision not to include Brown Bear on the return was wise. We rode it today also and for any novices riding at night it could be too challenging and dangerous. Everything else was hard packed and fast, looks like it'll be a good time, too bad I'll miss it!

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

GIT-R-DONE!

Route Clarification

To make sure I am onboard. Everything is remaining the same going out and pretty much the same on the return with the exception that we stay on Moose Meadows all the way to Rovers Run instead of dropping in on Black and Brown Bear.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Correct

The course will not include the Brown and Black Bear Segments. After you come off of the Tour Trail on to View Point take the left onto Moose Meadows then ride to Moose Meadow / Rover's junction the turn right onto Rovers then back to the start.
    Last edited by rio; 11-06-2006 at 09:07 PM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thank you

for the riding company and for the phat photos !

Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    Steve and I pre-rode the course with rio today, and there's one hazard to watch for: the bridge crossing near the Tudor Rd. substation has some overflow with slush. There's potential for wet feet, so hopefully it freezes up solid during the next week. Otherwise, choose your steps carefully.

I'd say rio's decision not to include Brown Bear on the return was wise. We rode it today also and for any novices riding at night it could be too challenging and dangerous. Everything else was hard packed and fast, looks like it'll be a good time, too bad I'll miss it!

Rando

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Black Pugs

Just so you don't miss a close-up of my 35lb ride - here it is. Steve C
    Attached Images Attached Images