rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Splat Update 2.5 Fini

Well, the last Frigid Bits course of 2006 is up and ready to ride !
    I need to thank Steve C. for the use of his 4 wheeler and his time today !
    The course is somewhat different from previous courses in that the passing opportunities will require some planning but there are a few other areas on the course were there is plenty of room to complete a pass.
    The course is around .9 miles long so we will have a 12 mile class and a 6 mile race.
    There will be a Phat tire bike class if more than 1 Phat bike shows up !
    There is a post ride tailgate beer / grill planned for after the ride so bring something to put on the grill and some adult beverage to slurp.
    riders meeting 6:45
    race at 7 or so

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Hats off to Carlos for he put at least 5 miles (and four hours today) in pushing a snow blower for the original course design then widening the path when the snow overwhelmed my little Honda plow and following by cleaning up every corner for nice curves. The snow ran 12-18" deep and depending what happens weather wise prior to the race, the ice is seems rough enough to be ridden on by almost any tire including the phat stuff. I encourage any UAA riders and the phat bike crowd to show up. This is the last race in 2006 and we probalby owe Carlos a beer and braut for his efforts this year. sc

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Splat is still on

the course will remain defined enough to have the race and I may make a pass on the course with the snow blower prior to race time .....hmmmmm so it may be rather interesting what tire set up to use:
    narrow tires that will cut through the few inches of snow to get to the ice or chubby tires which will float on the snow ......... lets see what would Bill do ?