rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Splat

What : ride 10 miles on a 1 mile course with 40 turns at Goose lake.
    When : 12/30 a Saturday
    Start: 7 PM
    This course will be modified from the previous course in that the sand sections will only be ridden on the first and last laps ! The turns will be wider to provide additional passing opportunities. Rumor has it that there may be a tailgate session afterwards so bring some beer, bring the good stuff ! Please don't forget to bring the brauts !
    Last edited by rio; 12-20-2006 at 06:57 PM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Phlog your Phat

This is an invite to all those Phat Snaux bikes to come over and join us for the 12/30 nocturnal 10 mile race at Goose Lake. I'll incorporate a separate Phat class but everyone will still ride together.
    The Snaux Cat wheeled bikes are in no way eligible for the Phat tired class, the bike must have the humungus Large Marges or a similar wheels.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Goose Lake course

SL,
    the course will be cleared of snow usually 24 hours before the race. There were races last year when I cleared the course within hours of the race start. The texture of the ice can be any where from a surface with super traction to a surface so hard and slick that it would make you cry for your Ma ! This year the course is being cleared with a 4 - wheeler with a plow. Typically the surface will have crusty icy layer that usually provides some traction but the traction disappears in braking zones. Usually those racers with studs on their tires can race with some level of traction for turning and braking. Packed snow on the ice surface at Goose lake would be a heinous surface to ride on.
    Perhaps some of the racers who have experience on the Frigid Bits courses can chime in
    and provide additional info.
    Last edited by rio; 12-22-2006 at 02:10 PM.

GIT-R-DONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Larry
    Thanks, I may show up to at least be a spectator. Still thinking about doing it. I've got snowcats with extremes, so it could be fun or it could be terrifying.
    Don’t' sweat it. The first time I was out on the ice with my Freddies Revenz I was terrified. It took a little getting used to them and being able to trust my abilities as a rider as well as those little tiny studs.

After that it was just a matter of finding your comfort level and knowing how far you can push yourself and your bike. The more I ride on the ice, the more I find my self pushing my comfort level a little more than the last time.

See you on the ICE

If you like I can let you try out my Goose Lake Special "S&M" Studded Tires guaranteed to make you stick to the ICE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-22-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Just show

up and see how you feel, if you feel cool with things go ahead and ride, this is a ride at your own pace event and just ride the number of laps that feel good to you.
    These are set up to be fun, being first is not nearly as important as getting off the sofa and riding a bike ............
    terrifying;
    well; what is fun for me be be a butt load of terror for someone else