rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Snaux Bros, 1/13

I rode the course ( 4 mile swamp loop ) this afternoon at it was Phat Tire friendly and very beautiful to ride through. I would like to thank Greg M. and Darin (sp) M. for their work and time spent grooming on the trail so that we and the many others may have a very pleasant recreational experience. The trail is awesome and ready to ride !

what - Snaux Bros
    Where - North Bivwack Trailhead ( mile 2 Campbell Airstrip Rd )
    When - 1/13 -
    Signup - 6:16- 630 PM
    Riders Meeting - 6:45 or so
    Ride - 7 PM or so
    Distance - 1 Lap or 2 Laps

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Where does the loop start?

How do you get on the loop itself from NB Parking Lot? Just wanting to ride it in the sunshine, not race it. thx.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Snaux Bros Loop

Directions to the Loop for I/13 ride at your own pace ride
    Actually, its very simple, go down the Tank Trail for about 1/2 mile or where you see orange flagging is tied, take that left and just follow the trail and keep and eye out for the orange flagging ....... the loop dumps you out at the red gate at NB.

The Frigid Bits Events are viewed by some as an opportunity to race, to ride at a recreational pace for fitness, a chance to ride some place new or if not new, to ride it for the first time in the winter time or some view it as an opportunity to have some fun on a bike regardless of how slow or fast we ride; some Frigid Bits riders who read this may want to jump in and reply ................ hope to see and everyone else you Saturday Night
    Last edited by rio; 01-13-2007 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Kinda soft

Just started the loop and found it very soft. The tank trail, rovers & tour trail are quite nice but the bike was laying down a 4" furrow on the race trail. There may have been a harder packed strip to one side - didn't really check it out for too far as it just looked like a slog. Your mileage may vary . . . and it is likely better for those of less grand proportions.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The middle

The firmer part of the trail generally speaking is down the middle.
    What wheel and tire set up did you use ?

Fatback

more Snaux Bro N Fo

I rode/marked the course tonight around 6pm. It is in good shape and getting faster and more firm with traffic. I would recommend that racers have a light on the bike and also one on your helmet so you can see the flagging as you approach an intersection. If you only have one, the helmet mount would be best. You can get by with anything, though. The trail is best down the center. The Skijor club came through last week with a 4' drag and kind of screwed things up. If you get off to the side it is knee deep, but I was hardly leaving a track down the center with endomorphs.