rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Frigid Bits: Saturday Night Ride #1

Frigid Bits: Saturday Night Ride (SNR) #1
    This SNR ride at your own pace ride will start and end at the Raspberry parking lot at Kincaid.
    There will be the usual option to letír rip or the casual ride with a ride leader and perhaps a sweep. The casual option is for those that may be new to the STA trails at Kincaid and for those who prefer a relaxed pace and be able to stop now and then to check to see if they can operate a flask!
    Date: November 24
    Start: Casual Riders, 7:00 PM
    Fast Folks, 7:30

Helmets are required !

The fast guys will start from the parking lot ride the multi-use trail to the tunnel by the Stadium field, go through the tunnel and proceed to Bolling Alley where you will do 2 laps on the loop and then come back to the start.
    The casual riders will be led by the overlord of all commas and bishop of the big ring congregation, host to the drunken snaux angel completion, Dude Karma! He may opt to lead you into a different paranormal zone of nocturnal delight!

The Fabulous Burn Barrel is in rehab after enduring the outrageous Hollow Weaner, perhaps next time !
    Last edited by rio; 11-22-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Helmet

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Frigid Bits: Saturday Night Ride (SNR) #1
    This SNR ride at your own pace ride will start and end at the Raspberry parking lot at Kincaid.
    There will be the usual option to letír rip or the casual ride with a ride leader and perhaps a sweep. The casual option is for those that may be new to the STA trails at Kincaid and for those who prefer a relaxed pace and be able to stop now and then to check to see if they can operate a flask!
    Date: November 24
    Start: Casual Riders, 7:00 PM
    Fast Folks, 7:30
    The fast guys will start from the parking lot ride the multi-use trail to the tunnel by the Stadium field, go through the tunnel and proceed to Bolling Alley where you will do 2 laps on the loop and then come back to the start.
    The casual riders will be led by the overlord of all commas and bishop of the big ring congregation, host to the drunken snaux angel completion, Dude Karma! He may opt to lead you into a different paranormal zone of nocturnal delight!

The Fabulous Burn Barrel is in rehab after enduring the outrageous Hollow Weaner, perhaps next time !
    Sounds like fun. I'll try to make it out for the slow group.

mtbr member
    I'm in for the slow pokes.

Diaskeuast
    A reminder as this year's season kicks off: The social rides (aka the slow group) always have the goal of welcoming new winter riders to the cult, and to introduce them to the trails and people in a fun way. That means we all stick together, and nobody gets dropped.

If you're a new rider, that means you should feel welcome to come out and bring your noob friends. If you're an experienced rider, that means you should bring patience and a good attitude. A flask ain't a bad idea, either.

Depending on who shows up, our pace might be somewhat brisk, or it might be slow and steady. If slow isn't an option, ride with the "let 'er rip" group. When the hammerheads serve you a dish of humble pie, you'll remember why we don't want to do that to noobs in the social ride. We want them to keep coming back!
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    how "slow" is the slow group? I mean I am by no means a speed demon on my fat bike, but at the same time, I sweat really easily so I cant wear too much clothing so I have to find a happy medium between freezing my ass off going too slow, or dressing up, and the sweating too much, thus freezing my ass off. lol.

Diaskeuast
    The "slow" group in the past has usually ridden at a steady pace, but we occasionally have one or two people show up that are completely new to fat biking. Sometimes the group has fragmented because experienced riders become impatient with the noobs' pace, and we're trying to avoid having the group break into two or three factions.

It doesn't look like we'll be riding singletrack with fresh powder this weekend, so things should go smoothly. My advice is to pack an extra layer or two in your frame bag or a backpack, or have a way to carry discarded layers if you start heavy and need to shed something.

Keep in mind that if we have some slow riders, the ride might involve frequent, quick stops as we make sure we have everyone. That frustrates some people, but in the spirit of welcoming new riders to the fold, we should support new recruits and remember when WE were the slow ones trying to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by armyclimber View Post
    how "slow" is the slow group? I mean I am by no means a speed demon on my fat bike, but at the same time, I sweat really easily so I cant wear too much clothing so I have to find a happy medium between freezing my ass off going too slow, or dressing up, and the sweating too much, thus freezing my ass off. lol.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Great ride tonight Carlos, what a blast! I can't what for the next one, those trails are amazing.