rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits presents Goober Smacked

The Goober Smacked is a Frigid Bits production for mt. bikers who are one or all of the following ; adrenalin addicted, over weight, need and excuse to escape from the wife or insignificant other, or must go out and ride with other like minded mortals who seek out higher levels of insanity while riding a bike and calling it FUN ! The Goober Smacked will be composed of thought provoking ( very challenging for some riders) trail events and the not yet world famous and the only Alaskan 1 mile super curvy bicycle ice course on Goose Lake !

Well, go out to the frig, grab a cold beer, warm up that refried twinky, then waddle back to your computer and eat and drink and try to read about the 1st Frigid Bits event of the year ....... The Goober Smacked !
    This free adventure / recreational ride will be on November 11th with a 8 PM start at the Hillside Trail head parking lot. The goal is to get to the boat ramp parking lot at Westchester Lagoon and back to the start without riding on a road or sidewalk !
    The rest of the ride requirements are secret and will be revealed at the 7:45 PM pre-ride meeting !

Helmets are required, a bike light is required ( suggested run time 2 hrs) and working tail light. Night vision goggles are allowed but the user must ride naked.
    Please use this forum for updates or questions.
    Last edited by rio; 10-28-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Night vision goggles are allowed but the user must ride naked.
    Well, in a sense, everyone will be riding naked anyway, because TSgt Dave will no doubt show up wearing his top secret, USAF-issued, homeland security optics.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be wearing lead-lined longjohns.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Creative Route?

So are there bonuses for most creative route, and documenting it with a GPS?

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    The goal is to get to the boat ramp parking lot at Westchester Lagoon and back to the start without riding on a road or sidewalk !
    The rest of the ride requirements are secret and will be revealed at the 7:45 PM pre-ride meeting !

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

nope

snaux way !, maybe no,
    maybe yes,
    November 11th, 7:45
    to know
    Last edited by rio; 10-28-2006 at 02:30 PM.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Poop chute

Damn is Da Goose iced over already? I haven't even built my secret weapon yet...

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    Well, in a sense, everyone will be riding naked anyway, because TSgt Dave will no doubt show up wearing his top secret, USAF-issued, homeland security optics.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be wearing lead-lined longjohns.
    WHAT EVER!
    Attached Images Attached Images

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    It's on like DONKEY KONG beeeeeotch!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Then Goober

The first Frigid Bits 2k6/7 event ; Goober Smacked, will be a trail tramp fright nite ride with very simple route finding skills, if you can find your a$$ you may be ok.
    The 7:45 PM pre-ride meeting on November 11th is at the Hillside Trailhead parking lot.
    GPS usage is ok, but it can not be on the bike or on your person and it must survive the bunny hop test.

Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    It's on like DONKEY KONG beeeeeotch!
    Last edited by rio; 10-27-2006 at 07:38 PM.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    WHAT EVER!
    It's long gone, homie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.