rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits: March 17th Tailgate !!!

The Frigid Find Uranus and the " Is that a Shaillelagh in Your Riding Shorts or You Just Like My Bike " ride will be a combo ice crit and trail ride.

The ice crit will be 10 laps on the West Chester Lagoon ice ! The crit configuration will depend on the number of ice skaters on the ice and you can bet the course will be short and fast !! Studs will be the absolute tire of choice for the ice crit. Also, two bikes may be used for this event. I'll also strongly suggest that you spend some time on the ice with your studs and play with tire presuures to see what works best for your riding style.

The trail ride portion will use the Find Uranus route that we used many weeks ago. This route will be marked with pin flags. Perhaps the entire ride will be about 10 miles long.
    I'll also have a seperate trail ride class for those who choose not to ride the ice.

For the bike riding events, helmets will be required. Helmets will be suggested if you plan on doing more swilllin than chewing !

This Tailgate will most likely be the transitional tailgate from the winter season to the spring / summer sessions called the Crusty Bits ! The awesome Grill Meister will be there will Grillzilla and his arsenal of grill tools ! Please bring something grillable and yet edible to share and of course, your fave adult beverage.

The Fabulous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel, the whanna be mt. bike shrine and soon to be a national caliber tourist trap will be there to shower its viewiers with its hawtness
    and beauty !

Also, I would like to encourage all phat bike owners to join us to have the first ever phat bike gathering in Anchorage ! This will be the time to show off your phat bike and spread the word about the joys of the phat bike ! There will also be a weigh in to see who has the lightest phat bike !

When - March 17th !
    Ride start - 7PM
    Where - West Chester Lagoon, meet at the parking lot at the Cozy Cafe

Please bring some grill food to share with friends, also spectators are welcomed and as well as those who are contemplating joining the Frigid / Crusty Bits riding congregation !

Please use this thread for questions -- thanks

FatBike Fiend

Aargh

Sorry, Carlos and FB'ers,

Would love to sling my feather weight FatBike onto the scale but will be pedalling my not quite so feather weight bottom up to the Knik Glacier for a three day trip. Looks like I'll be freezing my own bits at a different location and dodging the albino glacier leprechons on St. Pat's day. Have fun and tip one for me.
    Wildfire
    FatBikes since 1999.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Is the 10 lap ice crit on the West Chester Lagoon ice going to be in a figure-8, or whatever the loop the city has made?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

crit

Well, there several different ways the crit can be designed on West Chester Lagoon, however, the design of the crit will be determined by the number of skaters and where most of that activity is occurring. So the line bottom line is I'll play it by ear on the crit route.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Trail is Boiler Plate

Some wind drifted snow otherwise the Frigid Uranus route is very fast and ready for some quick riders !