rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: March 17th Reults

Well, last nights event set an all time record for frigid bits racers and numbers that gathered around the one and only fabulous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel at one time i counted 32 FBBB admires enjoying its hawtness while gulping huge quantities of brew and gorging poundage former living creatures off the grill ! I would like to thank all those who shared the grill food and the gallons of beer !
    A special thank you to the guardian and creator of the soon to be famous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel, Thirsty work ! Also a huge thanks out to grill meister for taking care of all the flesh, it was hot and tasty !

Crit and Trail Report
    We had the pleasure of riding the 400 meter loop at West Chester last night ! The crit section was a 10 lapper that had one rider attempting some sort of a figure skater move, however, it was readily apparent as he picked himself off the ice, that he needs to spend more time perfecting the move !

We had some folks sign up for the crit only and I must regretfully say; I can not find the paper that had your names and times --- me bad !
    Ok, after the crit, the riders had to go do the trail portion. Well this section of the ride present most of the riders with 1 to 3 moose encounters ! Most of the riders used creative route finding to avoid these nocturnal ungulates ! I did record times for most of the folks however I not sure who completed the entire course without modifying the route to avoid the moose. The times are just a reflection of how long it took you to complete whatever course you selected to get around the moose herd !
    Greg Matays 42:42; Don Folmar 45:06; Joe Pollack 46:14; Tim " Grill Meister " Kelly 51:55; Rob Germain 1:01 , Steve C 1:01 + ; Will Brady 1:02; Julie Perilla 1:03;
    Robert Price 1:04; Jim Bowron 1:06; Jon Douglas; 1:07; John Shea 1:19; Curt 1:25;
    Celese Reis 1:30. Brian Garcia ( sorry bro, I know you did the course but I don't have a time for you )

The next event will be March 31th a Saturday, and the start will be at North Bivwack parking lot - as usual signup at 6:45 ride at 7PM ----- helmets required !

Riders can choose to either ride 3 lap or 6 laps on a super fast and fun course !
    As usual the ride will be dependent on trail conditions.
    Last edited by rio; 03-20-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    The next event will be March 26th a Saturday, and the start will be at North Bivwack parking lot - as usual signup at 6:45 ride at 7PM ----- helmets required !
    Carlos, I was just checking in to see what's on tap next. Next Saturday is the 24th, is that what you really meant, or are you thinking the 31st? Just not sure since Saturday the 26th doesn't jive.

Rando

PS: Just thought I'd add, if any of you have a chance to ride the loop from N. Bivwac, do it before we get some of the predicted new snow. It's dang fast and a blast!
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ooops

It is indeed on the 31st of March !

Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    Carlos, I was just checking in to see what's on tap next. Next Saturday is the 24th, is that what you really meant, or are you thinking the 31st? Just not sure since Saturday the 26th doesn't jive.

Rando

PS: Just thought I'd add, if any of you have a chance to ride the loop from N. Bivwac, do it before we get some of the predicted new snow. It's dang fast and a blast!