rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Holy Moly ! Feb. 10th

This is another ride at your own pace gig, that will start at the Goose Lake Parking Lot at 7 PM on February 10th !
    The riders will follow the East chester Trail to the power line multi-use trail/ corridor to the Tudor Road overpass then ride the Tour of Anchorage Trail to Rover's Run; ride Rover's all the way up to the multi- use corridor to the parking lot outside of the Hill Top Ski area, from there get on the multi-use trail that takes you behind Service High School and on to the TOA trail.

Now this is the important part; its the responsibility each rider to stay off and not ride on the ski only trails !

Ok, now back on topic .. so we are on the TOA multi- use trail riding down the awesome screamer of a downhill and this section of the trail will eventually lead a rider down to the View Point Trail that parallels the airstrip. The riders will then follow the TOA trail where your will find yourself just north and east of the Campbell Creek Science Center. Stay on the TOA trail back to the start at Goose Lake.

Each rider will be responsible to find their own way around this course, if you have doubts about your route finding skills find a map of the trails and carry it with you on the ride. The other option is to form an alliance with another rider and hope they know their way around the trail system and you can hang with them. Each rider is also expected to respect the rights of the other trail users. So I hope to see as many or more regular Frigid Bits riders as last time and perhaps a noob or 2 !

Categories - Endomorphs or Snow Cats with Large Marges
    29 rs / Snowcats or narrower / no Large Marges

Riders Meeting - 6:45 or so
    Depart - 7 PM
    Cost - Nada
    Helmets are required so are working lights, and hope that the headlight works as long as you do.

Please ask you questions on this thread .
    Last edited by rio; 02-07-2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: beer, more beer for breakfast

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If I recall correctly, the FBBB will not be making another appearance until the 24th? If this ride ends up being anything like the first one on this course, I'm bringing the Scotch...and a change of socks.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Extra Socks ?

Perhaps extra scotch ? yup, bring extra scotch --- the first trail race had the start at the turn around of this event and the course also featured a water crossing ( overflow ) ! This course will run from the opposite end, Goose Lake, which will also feature the same overflow, however it is now frozen and under many inches of snaux, so please leave your inner tubes, hip boots and waders and ribber duckies at home !

The next scheduled appearance; for the soon to be a regional mt. bike shrine and possible tourist trap, The Frigid Bits Burn Barrel,( F.B.B. B.) is the last Saturday in February, at the Tailgate feed at brew swilling gig at Goose Lake. Rumor has it that the FBBB, may even have its own blog site ....... stay tuned !

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    What happened to the 29er fixed-gear tricycle category? I guess I'll have to stay home and watch American Idol.

Fatback

Fbbb

I will show up rain or shine, 69er, 26er, neutered or geared. My warmth knows no limits. I am all about pleasure. Ladies first.

Burn Barrel

Diaskeuast

So ...

Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    I guess I'll have to stay home and watch American Idol.
    ... what? You're saying it'll be like every other week?
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

alternate routes?

Are the proscribed routes the same as for Twisted Tailgate? Are alternate routes allowed at all?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Not Twisted

Not the same, but the same ..... The start may involve a loop on the ice or not, did I just type that ? If the snaux stays up and doesn't come down, the course should be really really a fast monster cruise !
    Oh, the route, will be as described; riders will need to get on to the Tudor overpass via the East Chester Trail and to the trail system by the residential area. The trail will be flagged in the area of the start to the East Chester to get the riders going in the correct direction to the overpass ..... that area can be confusing at night so a wise person may want to explore that area before ....... Well, I hope to see you Saturday night !

Quote Originally Posted by Wilho
    Are the proscribed routes the same as for Twisted Tailgate? Are alternate routes allowed at all?

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I'll need someone fat and slow to tag along with. Does anyone have a pump? My bike has 2 flat tires from sitting so long. Hahaha!

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    AWESOME!!! do you need FAT tire bikes for this run. i'm running 26 x 2.1 studded tires...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fat Tires

No you really don't need fat tires if the trail stays firm, but if it softens up you could still use skinny tires, a rider would just be taking their bike for a hike. It would also depend on your riding skills, fitness level, type of tire, type of bike ......... show up and throw down and see if what you have is enough .. its all about fun .........

cool... thanks for the reply. i'll try and be there...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I rode this course the first time with studded 1.9s without too much trouble. Less than ideal but all I had at the time. It was much colder then but still shouldn't be an issue on 2.1s. Hopefully all this sun doesn't mush it up too much.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I don't see any sun...my neighborhood is fogged in.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Well, I duct taped my shoes and filled up my flask. What else do I need? It's been awhile...

any UPDATE? how was the ride? i was too lazy to get my fat butt out of the house last night. i did do a 12.7 mile winter ride today...