rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid bits : Gulo Gulo Update

Well, the trails have around 3 inches of dry powdery snow over and rock hard base and as of this afternoon I would say the route is fast but not quite scary fast.
    Saturday nights ride will have a format that will attempt to get the slowest rider to the finish line at the same time as the fastest rider. After timing riders for every ride for what seems forever, I have an idea the finishing intervals between riders. For example: W. B. will start 45 minutes before Thirstywork and Grillmeister will start 15 minutes before Thirstywork. Yaddaahh yaddah Oh, and the soon to be S.C. Alaska mt. bike shrine and potential world class tourist trap; the one and only Frigid Bits Burn Barrel will show up so riders and spectators alike can feel and see its hawtness !
    So, please show up with your helmet, lights and ya, bring your bike around 6:35 and the first rider leaves at 7 PM. Location - The parking lot 1 mile up Campbell Airstrip Rd.

If you have any question pleas use this thread.
    Last edited by rio; 03-09-2007 at 08:22 PM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Gulo Gulo Trail Report

I had no problem with the trail it is awesome ! The trail should even be exceptional with todays day use traffic ! The distance around loop is around 12 miles or so.