rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Frigid Bits / Goober Smacked update : Fini

Well, well, well, the yet to be famous Goober Smacked has another Goober for riders to gnaw on, as of 3 PM there was this way phat ice drool, commonly known as, over flow, on Rover's Trail. This icy drool is long, wide, slippery and slimy ! Its like mother nature snorted this huge grayish white snot rocket that landed on Rover's Run !
    So what does this imply, well it means that all riders will now have several choices to get to the turn around and several to come back on !

Choices: there is the choice of the existing route or ride to Brown Bear >Back Bear > Moose Meadow > View Point > Tour of Anchorage > the turn around and back.Pehaps a more appealing route would be to ride the Abbott Trail > the Birch Bridge jct..turn right and ride to the Tour of Anchorage Trail that is behind the Service High School> take the Tour Trail > View Point >Tour Trail > the turn around and back. My choice, water proof socks, phat studded tires, practice the high stepping routine while carrying your bike or head over to Westchester and practice riding on glare ice or practice both and mentally prepare yourself to endure Rover's overflow shorter, riskier, faster ...... glory without risk is victory without glory; I think some long dead F1 racer said that . hmmmmm
    I will have a map at the sign up area, as riders, you will be responsible for your own route finding. Team riding is ok, and when necessary, so is spooning, but wheel sucking, and drafting is not.
    Bring your ph* kin apple ! All riders without an apple will start 10 minutes after those who brought apples and started !
    Questions, ask here, or call me at home ! see you Saturday at 7:30 PM !
    Last edited by rio; 11-10-2006 at 11:26 PM. Reason: beer, more beer