rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Frigid Bits Event / Stud Slu&z Results

A pastel blue and cloudless sky and a balmy 4 degrees greeted 25 icyryders this Saturday afternoon ! A huge thankyou to Maura, the exceptional volunteer who saves my a$$ on these wacko events and a yeehhhhaawww to Rod at Paddle Boat Cafe for the hot cocoa and shelter from the cold ! I would also like to thank all the riders who rode and to those who donated dollars for gas !

The course was run clockwise, which kind of threw a huge gooy, slippery loogie in the plans of those who practiced the course in a counter clockwise direction, but what the heck its the Frigid Bits ! Twenty-five riders started and only 21 completed all of there laps. Those that abandoned the course suffered from gearing issues, or traction problems with their studs of choice.
    So, the results will only show the finish times of those that we had time to check and record. The placement will be what we recorded as accurately as we could, but with Frigid Bits its about the fun and if your time is that important to you that your pissed about it perhaps helping us get some timing equipment or perhaps it would be easier to just wait for the summer race season.

Oh, there is a rumor that some photos of the ride may appear on this forum .... stay tuned for Christopher's photos !

Costume
    The Big Rad Bear aka Rob, 8 laps ! sorry no time recorded

4 Laps ( 4 miles )
    Tony,( 14:59 ; 16 mph ); followed by Spencer, Zeke, Brandon (16:14) , Carp, Chris, Andy, Steve, and Jim.

8 Laps ( 8 miles )
    Ethan,( 28:20 ; 16.9 mph ) followed by Zach, Leonard, Tim

10 laps ( 10 miles )
    Tom Peichel, ( 33:50 ; 17.7 mph ); Evan Hyde, 34:50; Todd Borke, 35:01: Jamie Stull, 35:02:
    Tim kelly, 36:48.
    Last edited by rio; 11-20-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Wood chips are stupid

$$$$

Hey Rio,
    Did ya' get the three bucks I put in the box? Good, now I want the $2.50 I loaned you three months ago.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Christopher's Pics

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. a rumor geeze.. posted..

http://www.grilleflame.com/eventgallery/

Please note, link may change in the next week as I am working on site this week. Will update if I do.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Oh, there is a rumor that some photos of the ride may appear on this forum .... stay tuned for Christopher's photos !

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Super Photos

Wow !
    Thanks for the fantastic photos !

Quote Originally Posted by crsouser
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.. a rumor geeze.. posted..

http://www.grilleflame.com/eventgallery/

Please note, link may change in the next week as I am working on site this week. Will update if I do.

Christopher

Grillin' & Chillin'

Thanks Carlos!!

Once again you are the master of organizing fun, unique, challenging, interesting and winter boredom killing events. That was too much fun. With the application of toe warmers my toes faired better than last week. They worked quite well which made racing way more comfortable. Looking forward to the next one. Peace brother. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Wood chips are stupid

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Once again you are the master of organizing fun, unique, challenging, interesting and winter boredom killing events. That was too much fun. With the application of toe warmers my toes faired better than last week. They worked quite well which made racing way more comfortable. Looking forward to the next one. Peace brother. Have a great Thanksgiving!!
    Good job Rio. Fun being the key word there. You puke up the best cycling events in Alaska. 24 Hrs, Soggy Bottom and this!

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT