rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits:BGC Soire'e Update 2/20

I went over to the lake today with Thirsty work and we walked the long crit course to see what the surface was like. Well, to make a long story short it was phukin SCARY SLICKERY !
    So after some consulting with TW and several beers later plus the experience gained from one of last years race, where the course was 80% hard slickery ice, I have decided to change the course to be looped trail course that shouldn't take the average rider no longer than 10 minutes to complete. The course will be flagged late Saturday afternoon. The relay concept is still in place, however, if temps get really cold like in the Zero range we may have everyone do a mass start and do the Broke Back Mt. Bike Ride aka the ride to Uranus and back to Goose. With the Uranus ride, the relay concept is void.
    I am sorry for the course venue change, however, I felt the need to protect the integrity of the present and future Frigid Bit riders, next of kin, kids, along with family dogs, significant others and neighbors, from the possibility of seeing and hearing the hardy, burly and knarly Frigid Bit riders howling in fear, or screaming and whimpering like bike riding teenage age thong wearing cheerleader girly boyz.

The grillin, bikin is still on; and the soon to be famous mt. bike shrine and maybe Anchorages first world class tourist trap, the Frigid Bits Burn Barrel will be unveiled !
    Last edited by rio; 02-20-2007 at 08:53 PM.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Aww

All this free health insurance and nowhere to use it.