rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frgigid Bits: Holy Moly Results

The 1/2 sucked orange way phat bike did it again ! The bike carried Greg Matays at an average speed of 14 mph for 17 miles ! The other way phat bike that showed up was ridden by Al Mitchell, he completed the route in 1:41 and at 10 mph.
    In the No Way its Phat classification, Joe Pollack put out a courageous effort to reel in the thunderous flying 1/2 sucked orange bike, however he will have to try to catch it another night, Joe's time was 1:20 at a very respectable 12.75 mph !
    Joe was followed by John Evanson at 1:36 and Tim "Grill Meister " Kelly at 1:36:30 ; Joe Ortner 2:00 at 8.5mph, Dave Sewall 2:03- 8.2 mph, Ben Garcia 2:08 - 7.9 mph and Will Brady 2:26 at 6.9 mph. Daved IT , was somewhere out on the Tour of Anchorage trail when the calling for a nice cold beer overwhelmed his need to ride any further, so he came back to the soon to be famous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel

The " Tough As Nails Award " goes to Will Brady ! Will rode his bike from the depths of Spenard to Goose Lake, completed the course, hung out at the finish and then rode back home !

As a side note, under the veil and secrecy of darkness; the soon to be regional mt. bike shrine and perhaps world famous tourist trap ; the Frigid Bits Burn Barrel completed its trial burn ! I must say this burn barrel is really hawt, maybe the only one of its kind as a matter of fact I' m sure it is ! This fine work of art, and soon to be envied by metal artist all over the world, will be formally unveiled at the February 24th Tailgate party and bike ride.
    This is semi formal tailgate affair; so please only wear natty Carharts, or bike apparel.
    The secret hand shake will be waived for this special gala occasion ! So please spit shine those bunny boots and mark the 24th of February as the night to be at Goose Lake !
    Please stay tuned to this forum for further details.
    Last edited by rio; 02-11-2007 at 02:24 PM.

mtbr member

Shhhhh..... Secret Burn Barrel Picture

Here is a sneak preview of the soon to be famous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel! For the official unveiling and a chance to meet the artist, be there on Feb. 24th.

Other pictures from Saturdayís event are included in this post and the following one. I apologize to anyone whose picture I didnít post due to poor picture quality or because I had to hit the road before the end of the event.

Everyone who participates in events conjured up in Rioís twisted mind is a real hero in my book!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Frigid Bit Holy Moly Pics

Here are the rest of the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grillin' & Chillin'

Churnin' Pedals and Burnin' Barrels

1/2 Sucked Orange and ThirstyWork burned us all I don't know if I was just burned up or just wholly sucked, but there was no way of keeping anywhere near close to Greg and Joe on their fat tired rollers. I think they are definitely ready for the 50 miler next week. Good luck to Snaux Bros Greg and Joe and all others doing the Susitna 50/100.

Once again Carlos, thanks. The ride distance and course were an excellent choice for the existing conditions. It was rideable and fun no matter what combo of bikes/tires you had, although the Endo's seem perfect for ThirstyWork. It was a little punchy for those of use riding the narrower tires on most of the course, but perfect for Rover's Run.

It's a treat to ride in the surreal darkness that slowly creeps up the further you get away from the ambient light reflected from the "City of Lights and Flowers" now the "Big Wild Life". After a while it's so dark it becomes a tunnel lit only by the bikes light. I start to get spooked thinking a moose, or worse, Sasquatch is going to jump out onto the trail out of nowhere and tackle me like Adam Sandler in "The Waterboy". All my worries were gone once I picked up Big John Evingson at the entrace to Rover's Run to ride shot gun for me and cover my back the rest of the ride. Thanks John.

See you all next weekend at the Su and/or in two weeks at the next Frigid Bits blow out.

Tim "Grill Meister" Kelly

LT-5
    Oct 2005

Holy Moly

Rio, the ring leader and the rest of the Frigid Bits crew, thanks for the hospitality pre and post race, and concern during the event when I ran into the tree! Note to self Ė work on bike handling.

The ride was a blast. Trail conditions and distance were very nicely matched.

That picture of the FBBB posted above hardly does the device justice. Later in the evening after a few hours of feeding that beauty literally glowed.

Iím already regretting the fact Iíll be out-of-town for the February 24th event.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sourdough

Well, thank you for joining us and the Fraternity Sno Bros !
    Stay tuned to this forum for other Frigid Events !
    Oh, nifty Turner !

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

DNF'ed

You got my results messed up. I was DNF not 2:03- 8.2 mph. The bum wrist, cold foot, warm burn barrel and beer forced me to turn around. I'm just glad Maura didn't race and that Tim Woody wasn't there so I didn't get girled (mmmmust kkkillll Ammmberrrr).

I'll be at Goose Lake riding in circles for the bash. Just make sure you get the Zamboni out there to smooth it over. I wonder how those Endos would go on pure ice?

LT-5
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Well, thank you for joining us and the Fraternity Sno Bros !
    Stay tuned to this forum for other Frigid Events !
    Oh, nifty Turner !
    Thanks for the bike compliment - I actually hope I learn to ride it properly one day!