rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frgigid Bits; February Shenaigans

February 10th and the 24th will be the dates for the nocturnal mt. bike madness.
    The Feb. 10th ride will be a trail ride based out on the Hillside. On this event there will be two categories, the Endomorph Class and the other being the Snowcat or smaller category. This event will be dependent on the trail conditions and projected night time temperatures.

February 24th is what you say ? Well; it happens to be the last Saturday of the month and that only means one thing; its Tailgate Saturday !!!!!!!! I am thinking of having a relay ride / race on Goose Lake with 2 riders per team, with teams determined by the random drawing of names from a container of some sort. This event is where the team with the most laps after lets say 2 hours (example only) of riding will be awarded bragging rights for the rest of the night. Once again, this event may change due to environmental constraints.

The Yet To be Famous Tailgate where beer guzzling and food and cookie gorging is the norm by some, will be held after the event !!! Rumor has it, that as of last night, someone is considering a challenge to Woody's Chilli ! I am sure Gregg, your chilli will pass the FB famous taste test and be awarded the dubious and not often known about " Frigid Chilli Bits Award ! Also, please come on over and check out " Grill Master " Tim Kelly and his cool arsenal of BBQ tools ! That Frigid Bits Grill with Tim at the helm can cook some really yummy chow !
    So please plan ahead for the great tailgate ! I 'm sure that all of the biking community will want to see what soon maybe Anchorages own world wide attraction and possible tourist trap, the one and only FBBB ( Frigid Bits Burn Barrel ) !!!!!!!! Please be warned this well rounded and really hawt and not so fuzzy item which warmed the buns of many folks in it's first nocturnal debut is to be seen and not touched.
    Last edited by rio; 01-30-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Diaskeuast
    As it stands now, the shortened Goose Lake course is a little over a half-mile long, with high snow on all sides to provide soft landings. If you haven't ridden it, stop by and check it out. But keep your toes up: It's a little slushy at the east end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Caveman
    Tim, can you get a better photo please, There is no snow and it dosent show the exact line through the narrow s-turns well enough.
    I mean you cant even see the overflow!

Better recon is needed espessially for a carlos race..

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Tim, can you get a better photo please, There is no snow and it dosent show the exact line through the narrow s-turns well enough.
    I thought it might be better to plan ahead and use the ice-free photo so we can keep using it next summer. I heard a rumor that Carlos plans to float buoys to mark the course and keep the race going with paddle boats!

Stay tuned for Frigits Bits: The Wet 'n' Wild Version.

Caveman
    paddle boat derby it is!
    I think I'll keep the knee pads at home for that one...

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Totally Tubular

Aaahhhaaaa .... but wait ... paddle boats ? ....... that smacks of yuppy tripe .. we will have the inner tube regatta ....... inner tube sail boat race ... hmmmmmm ...... " The Wrinkled Bits Inner Tube Regatta"
    I think that the burning paint fumes from the soon to be famous FBBB ( Frigid Bits Burn Barrel ) has impaired my thought process ..... again ......
    Last edited by rio; 01-29-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Fatback

summer fun

Hey Tim,

I was thinking we'd call the summertime lake series the "Shriveled Bits," but then I had a great idea-why don't we get Niki Gudex to show up and then we won't have to call it that anymore?

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork
    why don't we get Niki Gudex to show up and then we won't have to call it that anymore?
    If our esteemed race director pulled that off, I would feel such awe that I'd have a little Rio doll made and mount it on my handlebars as a talisman.

GIT-R-DONE!

Oh LaLa,

This works for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ooooohhhh!!!! That's a nice "hardtail"!!!!!! Yeah yeah cheesy joke.

Mike

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

OK You are all fired!

Tim and Carlos are fired. I knew nothing of this beer tailgating affair. I guess now that the Beer & Barleywine Fest has passed (which I've been training for for months--that's my excuse for not riding) I can actually get the studded tires off the wall and onto the bike.

Hide your sisters and moms!