FatBike Fiend

Freezeup progressing well...

I couldn't help but notice it seems to be shaping up for some good riding this winter. The -5 F temps and gusts to 87mph we've been getting for the last few days appear to be freezing up those rivers well and the huge clouds of dust being kicked up from the gravel bars and fallen tree debris should make for great traction. I am very happy indeed. I know, I know, it's not "real" cold but it sure as heck is real windy. Is this just at my house or is anyone else getting hit with this weather? I envision a trip to the Knik Glacier in my near future as soon as the breeze dies down a bit.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 11-16-2006 at 09:09 AM.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

KuskoRiverCruiser

I heard...

...it was blowing 60mph in Palmer yesterday ...maybe you should take-up a 'real' sport like kiting or something!

Martin
    [SIZE=1]"The pursuit of truth and adventure is far more noble a task than looking for work", [/SIZE]
    http://fatbikealaska.blogspot.com/

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Hey Mark, I was wondering if you could come up with a frame bag that had deployable wings so we could harness some of this delicate breeze. I bet with something like that, in weather like this, you could set the fatbike land speed record
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

FatBike Fiend

Here's what I want

Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    Hey Mark, I was wondering if you could come up with a frame bag that had deployable wings so we could harness some of this delicate breeze. I bet with something like that, in weather like this, you could set the fatbike land speed record
    I'll work on that, Bill M has already warned me that such a device would be considered illegal in the Alaska Ultra Sport, but I think he's too busy cabling down his cabin now to care. Here's what I want though, oh yeah:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wildfire; 11-16-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com