mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Finally a day without rain!!

Looks like the rain will be back to South Central Alaska tomorrow but its clear today so I'm hitting the bike. Too muddy for the trails so I'm heading up Hatcher Pass, can't wait to feel my legs burn!!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    So very nice to commute without Xtratuffs and Rain Gear!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The day ain't over yet.......
    Latitude 61

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Reports from downtown: its raining again...

mtbr member
    It's sprinkling out in Eagle River.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I got my ride in. The weather lady said its going to clear up a little later today, I hope she's not pulling my leg.

mtbr member
    Was out riding the M-S Greenbelt on Saturday. No real mud to speak of despite the rains. Most of the trails have a nice cover of leaves that kept any mud from showing up on my bike.

Wet leaves and roots are super slick though. Get out your full knobby tires if you cant handle some slippage.

Also watch out for walkers, been seeing more of them out on the trail since the fall colors have been out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anybody been up Eklutna lately?? I'm dying to get up there but I dont want to mud up my bike too much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Flew up to Anchorage with my bike and rode at Alyeska and Kincaid Sept. 14-16th. I lost my virginity of lift assisted mountain riding Aly on Friday. There was a sky full of clouds and storms expected. The Trails at Aly are quite slimy by the time I reached the top of the tram. I was stoked on the nice berms and easy table tops. The terrain was so slippery that blueberry pancake was almost a death run. Saturday rained like crazy and my friend had some technical difficulties, he broke the hanger, so he rode the mtn without a chain. The manager told every body that sunday would be canceled due to a crazy storm that they were sh*tting their pants over. Sunday had rain, and I was hanging out with friends while the storm passed, then later on it broke and we headed over to Kincaid. It was kinda windy but finally I had my day without rain, I got onto Mighty Bike after asking some dude where to go. Looked at the map and decided to try Toilet Bowl. Loved it, Berms, turns, Jumps, more berms got onto bowling alley, found my way around. Kincaid has flow.

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009
    Go get first tracks! I got at least 4 inches of new.....
    I'm deteriorating faster than I can lower my standards

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, it ain't raining...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.