rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

F. B. Last Rider Standing Results

First of all, I would like to thank the following; Paddle Boat Cafe for hosting the event; the generous support of Steve C. for his time and 4 wheeler and plow and to all of the fine folks who helped with the lap counting ! Also a huge thank you to the UAA BIKE CLUB for their enthusiasm, support and passion for the petal bike ! Also, a hearty thanks to The Bicycle Shop and Chain Reaction Bicycles for there moral and swag support

Clear blue skies and bright sunshine greeted the riders who signed up to do the 10 or 15 lap version of this event. Well, 2 riders scratched in the 10 mile division and we had 1 rider dropped out in the 15 mile class after he enforced upon himself the 5 falls and your out rule which I think he scripted during his 5th venture into making snow angels after falling off his bike !

The course presented several new challenges to the riders in that you actually had to turn the bars to complete the turn whereas for the last course, you could essentially straight line a turn.

The event was again quite fast for its design but noticeably slower than the last race on the ice. So here are the results:

10 Milers

Zack, 42:20; Zeke, 43:30 ( 1st SS ) ; Spencer, 44:17: Steve,44:24 ( 2nd SS ) : Keating, 45:28: Brian, 50:00; Manny,53:10

20 Milers

Tom P. 1 hour 35 seconds; Todd B. 1 hour 37 seconds; Phil H. 1 hour 1 minute.

It must be noted that the 15 mile riders sprinted the last 2 laps and that the overall average speed for the 3 riders was 15 mph !

Tim may post some photos of todays race later on tonight or on Sunday. They are up now !

The next event is December 16th launch is at 7 PM ! This adventure ride will be a trail ride to Uranus and back ! I'll post additional details here on this forum
    Last edited by rio; 12-03-2006 at 12:23 AM. Reason: brain phart

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey Rio, thanks again for putting these on. What about a time for Brian in the 10-miler? It wasn't fast or pretty but I finished that mofo. I got the bruises to prove it.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

oh shitz

Fixed it !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    Hey Rio, thanks again for putting these on. What about a time for Brian in the 10-miler? It wasn't fast or pretty but I finished that mofo. I got the bruises to prove it.

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    carlos,

huge thanks for yet another fantastic race. no better way to spend an arctic saturday as far as i can tell. hope to see all of you next weekend.

zach.