mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Ester Dome Feedback

Any opinion on best route to Ester Dome from Ester Community Park? Just dirt roads up there or any trails? Not familiar with the area. Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Up in that area its mostly dirts roads and power line trails. Up by goldstream sports is the ester dome single track, but its currently closed until it dries out. hopefully itll open here in a couple of weeks. As far as routes to get to ester dome from the community park, I have no idea. Hop on google maps and try to track something out would be my advice

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Pretty accurate on Ester Comm Park thanks. After I took a drive up Ester Dome Rd from Goldstream Sports, started granny gearin up the gravel rd and saw a sign for Equinox Marathon trail, know anything about that? By that time I was already toast so didn't check it out. I did see a trail further along that was roped off, guessing that was the single track you were talking about.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    yep, the singletrack is up a couple miles on ester dome road, on a little pullout on the left hand side. Its a fun seven mile loop, with a couple of shorter inner loops. I believe part of the equinox marathon trail got moved onto the singletrack last year, I can't be sure though.
    Fairbanks cycle club has tuesday night mtb rides where some people get together and check out random trails. There is also a mtb stage race going on this weekend.
    Calendar
    Props on granny gearing ester dome road. Ive seen people riding up that road. It looks absolutely miserable. I will continue to drive my bike up to the singletrack

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just paid my dues to join the FCC, seemed silly to pay for a generally "free" sport but if it saves me a few buck on races and events then I guess its worth it. Plus just trying to get a feel for where everything is at up here and sounds like those tues night guys ride all over so it'll be a good place to start.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Lots of fun stuff on Ester Dome. try TrailMapper (TrailMapper Home)

Hit the Launch tab and let it install the plugin. type "ester" in the Keyword box, then hit the Search button. the roller wheel on the mouse will zoom in and out; as you cursor over a trail, it will change color, left click for more information. there's a tutorial under the Help section.

For a map of the Singletrack, try this link: http://www.fairbankscycleclub.org/Rides/EDS.pdf

And for the Tuesday Nite Rides: http://www.fairbankscycleclub.org/Events/tuesrides.pdf

Btw, while difficult, no one gets dropped on these rides. And we ride regardless of the weather

g

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Might have to join you guys this tuesday for the amanita death ride. I can't miss out with a name like that

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    yeah!!