Mr.Secret

Eric's excellent adventure !

WOW, for those who couldn't make Bearbaits South American slideshow, well, it was pretty amazing.......Good show Eric, Thanks much

Diaskeuast
    You and DaveIT are killin' me with these notes. I'd been looking forward to the slide show for weeks, but I'm laid up with a nasty bug. Sorry I missed it.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    You stay in your bubble. We don't want anyone catching YOUR germs!

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    You and DaveIT are killin' me with these notes. I'd been looking forward to the slide show for weeks, but I'm laid up with a nasty bug. Sorry I missed it.
    Man, sick, too bad bud, I thought you might be down in New Mexico or Arizona or someplace like that........Maybe Bearbait could be talked into showing it again sometime.

Bill M

Great Show

Hey Bearbait super show of a great adventure. Well for the drive from Chickaloon to Kathi M and I .
    Bill M

I'm from Utah
    Sounds like we out-of-towners really missed out. So when is this show going on the road?

Caveman
    Thanks so much for everyone who showed up! Bill thanks for making the drive I didnt get to chat with you, and Tim no worries, I've gotten enough emails from folks who couldent make it to do another one sometime. Woo hoo! super fun for me too, it was great to re-live it both in putting the show together and last night. I have yet to hear from Queen Bee how much money we raised for STA, but it looked like a healthy sum!

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    Eric,

Thank you for providing a such an entertaining evening. After reading the original postings on the passion forum (thanks for the heads up Carlos) I emailed the link to nearly everyone I know. Almost none of them ride any sort of bicycle, but I received many awed responses. I only wish my friends could have seen your presentation last night.

I have had a strong desire over the past few years to find myself bike touring across .. fill in the blank. But, last night, after my wife and I got home, she told me how inspired she felt to do the same. We love to travel, but your show may have provided the necessary springboard for Us to do it. Thank you. .. Now, to just plan my graduation present....

Zach.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    We need "My Forum Name Is..." tags for the next event. I can usually put bikes to names, but faces to names usually escapes me.

Mr.Secret
    Yeah, and popcorn would be good too. Heck, even beer and pizza, or Speedsk8's grill....

Caveman
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly77
    Eric,

But, last night, after my wife and I got home, she told me how inspired she felt to do the same. We love to travel, but your show may have provided the necessary springboard for Us to do it.
    Zach.
    My work here is complete then!
    Make it happen!

Beware of Doggerel
    Inspired me too. I went home and broke out the maps, looking for far off places that need to be ridden. Amazing pics and a great presentation.
    Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Caveman
    glad everyone laughed at the guns and roses by the way,,
    I had no idea how that would go over...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great Show!

Great show, Bait. You are one adventuresome boy! Where to next?

Beware of Doggerel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    glad everyone laughed at the guns and roses by the way,,
    I had no idea how that would go over...

Umm laughed? Dude I was pumping my fist and banging my head. Loved it. It made perfect sense to me when you said that song was stuck in your head, stuff like that is always strange.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Caveman
    Glad I wasnt the only one then.. Andy (my boss) asked me before the show if I had any 80's punk in it. Maybe next time...

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    Yeah! Yeah!..
    'cos I'm sure you have plenty of spare time now.. but maybe this fall a slightly tweaked version could hit the over the road circuit with a new soundtrack .. something loud, fast, and angry! Fear. Dead Kennedy's. UK Subs. Damned. Iggy and the Stooges. Anti-Nowhere Leage. ...hmmmm.. maybe i'm the only one who goes to the most serene places on earth and feels the need to dance around crashing into things like a damned fool.... No, as much as like the adrenaline of vintage punk, the soundtrack was very audience and material appropriate. The GNR just gave some of us a little more insight into who your are.. thanks for sharing...

FatBike Fiend

Sorry I missed it.

Eric, sounds like a great show. Any chance of a valley showing to kick off your traveling lecture circuit? Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers are having a general membership meeting on Thursday April 19 from 6:30- 9:30 pm at the MTA building in Palmer. It would make a great fund raiser and entertainment for our club and we would make it worth your while to come out (gas money, dinner, beer, etc). Thanks.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Caveman
    yeah.. I had enough profanity in there as it was, if I put it to hardcore I dont think it would have gone over so well.

I was thinking more snapcase, fugazi, helmet.
    A little less thrashy, more driving...

Mark, sure I could come out on the 19th. Lets talk.

FatBike Fiend

Thanks

Eric, sent you a p.m. Sounds great.

Mark
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I was thinking more snapcase, fugazi, helmet.
    Other people on this board have heard of/listen to Snapcase? Huh...

Caveman
    there goes the neighborhood...

Caveman
    Word on the street is that this show's heading to Palmer next thursday night to continue the search. There have been reports of several species of andean camelid in the valley and I hope to make contact with their supressors.

Wildfire can chime in the details.
    thanks

Beware of Doggerel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Glad I wasnt the only one then.. Andy (my boss) asked me before the show if I had any 80's punk in it. Maybe next time...
    Hmm you should check out "Chingon" I think of them as heavy metal Mariachi music. They do a great version of celito lindo complete with and insane stunt guitar solo. Think Santana, but instead of combining 60s hippy music with mexican music Chingon combines 80s hair bands with mexican music. Good stuff.
    Adam

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hmm you should check out "Chingon" I think of them as heavy metal Mariachi music. They do a great version of celito lindo complete with and insane stunt guitar solo. Think Santana, but instead of combining 60s hippy music with mexican music Chingon combines 80s hair bands with mexican music. Good stuff.
    Somebody (else) has been watching Grindhouse.