Thread: Eklutna ride

Wood chips are stupid

Eklutna ride

It was a late start Fri night. We arrived at the Eklutna Lake parking lot at around 10:30 that night. Rode out to the cabin. Ate dinner and listened to some music. Crashed. Trail was fast and wide. Off trail was something like 1/4" of styrofoam over 2' of granulated sugar. Stay on the trail. The next morning was killer! We rode the lake back.

akdeluxe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Wood chips are stupid

More Eklutna pics...

good ride

JT

Wood chips are stupid

Hey,some more!

First pic is of JoAnn,Adams lovely wife! It's always the weirdos that get the good ones. She skied in while we rode. She is also the proud new owner of a custon DeSalvo! A do all girl she is that JoAnn! We want pics of the new scoot too.

JT

No, that's not phonetic
    Sooooooper!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    SWEET!!! did you have to pay for parking??? this weeks weather has been AWESOME!!! i hope it stay this way (i know, i'm dreamin')...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Beware of Doggerel

Good time

Yeah that was some great riding. Good ride today on too on Eagle River. The conditions are fast and great.

What a great weekend!!!!

Here is a shot of Jo-Ann's bike from today

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    SWEET!!! i haven't rode my winter bike in about a week... that pic of the fire above, i can feel the heat coming from it... LOL!!!
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Caveman
    great pics guys, that one of Adam though... I'm not so sure..

Beware of Doggerel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    great pics guys, that one of Adam though... I'm not so sure..
    What?? That's my master and commander pose!!

Just took the clippers and cleaned up the look last night, by the way, no more pork chop sideburns etc.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Just Curious

Very Nice! Maybe it's just b/c I've never ridden a Pugs or a FatBike but it doesn't look like you were running any studs and it also looks like there was a bit of smooth (glare even?) ice out there....that present any problems for you?

I know on my "snow bike", I could manage on that stuff without the studs but as soon as the mind strayed to enjoy the scenery, I'd be eating ice. Especially with a pack on.

If you told me that those 3+" tires allow eveyone to ride like a superstar on everything but glare ice, I'd believe you.

mtbr member

Ice

Yeah, my thoughts too. I've got studs on SnoCats for my 6.6 on icy trails and I've got 4.0 Endos on my Wildfire for snow but that looks a little dicey. When riding bald bikes on ice things can go wrong very fast ... I know these things.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

Caveman
    glare ice actually has much more traction than one would think. You just can't turn, brake, accelerate, or twitch in any way, thats all.

Beware of Doggerel
    Its not as bad as it looks, not good though but not too bad. The ice was a little tacky and in many places had a little frost. As Bearbait said its fine as long as you don't turn accelerate or slow down or blink or breath too hard. Only about the last 10 minutes of riding were spent windswept glare ice, I walked that part, everything in the pics was ridable. I even had my tires up to about 20psi. I went slowly and cautiously, Akdeluxe was hammering on the ice. He fell twice. Good times.

Adam

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    So nothing like unsuspectingly popping out on West Chester Lagoon right after a hot-mopping session? OUCH...I will not forget that lesson. Conditions...they are a'changing..