Wood chips are stupid

Eagle River Sunday Ride

Tour Trail getting tired? Eagle River is a great place to get away! Will meet this Sunday morning at the 7.4 mile parking lot Eagle River Road at 11 am. Very cool ride. Will try to get home before dark. Bring lights and food. Good time to test stove too. Conditions range from shiny glare ice to breakable frozen overflow to snow. Will be cold. Fat helps.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Bill M

Just wonder why

Just wonder why Kathi M and I lived on Eagle River for 4 winters and couldn't get any of you "city folk" to come ride with us. Is this supposed to tell me something. FYI if you park at the Eagle River Campground and ride down the hill to the river you can add 10 good miles (one way)to your ride and avoid most of the overflow.

Wood chips are stupid

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill M
    Just wonder why Kathi M and I lived on Eagle River for 4 winters and couldn't get any of you "city folk" to come ride with us. Is this supposed to tell me something. FYI if you park at the Eagle River Campground and ride down the hill to the river you can add 10 good miles (one way)to your ride and avoid most of the overflow.

That's a good question. Maybe it was the crack! About the river. Isn't there some "falls" between the campground and mile 7.4?

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member

may just do

Thanks !

Lisa and I may show up.
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Bill M

Eagle River Falls

Quote Originally Posted by akdeluxe
    That's a good question. Maybe it was the crack! About the river. Isn't there some "falls" between the campground and mile 7.4?

akdeluxe
    There is Campground Rapids right in front of the campground but when you get to the river you will see a trail to the right. Follow it about 100 yards and you will find a nice route onto the river. After that it is smooth sailing all the way to 7.4(about 10 river miles) You can also access the river at Briggs Bridge on Eagle River loop. If this was last year we could have hot chocolate at the cabin before and after. You guys have fun.
    Bill M

Beware of Doggerel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill M

Yeah!! Well just to make sure leo dosen't get treated any differently I'm gonna say I'll be there and then back out at the last minute.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

mtbr member

Thanks for the invite but....

I have a date with the mountain, it's the only date I can get! I've been skiing for the last few days so I thought I would keep the trend until tomorrow.

Leo I'll be free Mon. and Tue. If you or anybody else wants to ride. I'm staying in Anch. until I leave on Wed. So I'll be up for riding your neck of the woods or Anch. area! You guys have a great ride up the river, I know bones and I will have a good day with his family making turns in the WOOD!

S

mtbr member

Still on?

I am 10 minutes away - where are you putting in?
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers