Thread: Dome Trail

Bikes are good

Dome Trail

A buddy and I have cleared 90% of the dome trail from overgrowth. Got too tired last night to finish it. I used to use a big brushcutter/weed whacker thing but running out of coil and gas, and carrying gas was a real drag. We used a sling blade type tool. A lot more manual labor intensive, but reliable and easy to carry. If you don't know how to get there, want to go, PM me and I'll take you up. It's the first trail on the right side of the tank trail after you cross the skinny bridge coming from north bivouac.

Trail Description: 4.0 mile, 2000ft hill climb. Sustained rolling hills with short steep pitches along the way. Technical only because of these sections. Entire trail is rideable until the final push to the top. Even that has all been cleared (I've seen it) with breaks taken along the way up. I push because it is murderous to try and ride it. Once you get out of treeline an additional 2000ft of pushing can get you to Knoya ridge.

As far as the military pass thing, here's the link to the registration page.
    https://jber.isportsman.net/ascis/us...istration.aspx

Take a pic of the pass on your iPhone, or print the pass out and carry it in your bag. Call and push the buttons to sign in and you are completely legal to ride back there.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Definitely hit up Elfbkr on this, he's the race champ and solid dude. When I get back to Anchorage to pick up my bike then fly away I'll be riding this oh so sweet trail.

mtbr member
    Thx for the update bud!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just rode the Dome yesterday and I would have to say it is in the best shape ever. For once it isn't rutted up and too overgrown, thanks for all the hard work.