Thread: Dome trail

Bikes are good

Dome trail

A few of us have been up on the dome trail knocking down grass/cow parsnip, and cutting back alder overgrowth. We'll be up today finishing the top half. Trail still has some potholes from the Knoya Ridge Race, but it should ride well after the work today.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Hey, I checked out the bottom section of the trail last week but didn't go too far on account of talking to some hikers on the way out who said there was a bear in the area. I ended up riding up the JBER fence line to the Basher trail head to see if I could find the top section of the trail with no luck. Where does the trail connect from the Kiosk?

Bikes are good
    From that parking spot, down to the left a bit, there is an opening in the fence. Go through and take a right (uphill) and follow that trail until it drops steeply down (crappy to shuffle a bike here) and up a bit more to the creek crossing. There is a nice new bridge done down there. Follow that hill up and you'll come to an intersection. Left takes you down to the tank trail, and right takes you up the dome. I was up again last night clearing the grass. It is riding very nice with the work done so far. A section of grassy jungle remains, but not in the fast parts. Heading up this afternoon if you want to hook up.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."