Thread: Dome ride

Bikes are good

Dome ride

With weather like this, even a gray cloudy day in jungle riding seems pretty awesome.

"Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member

Where is the trailhead for the Dome?

I was thinking of going up there, but I wasn't sure where you start. Do I need a JBER pass? It's awfully sloppy out in Eagle River, planning on a ride tomorrow, guess ill go to Kincaid.
    "but you are a jerk, google it!" anonymous negative feedback 09-18-2012 09:07 AM Keep is positive folks!

Bikes are good

Off the tank trail near the skinny bridge

From north bivouac, head east under the powerline, across the bridge, and then1/4 mile down the road on the right.

It isn't walkable even now though. I'm not sure any trail is. With any luck, the temps drop and we get 4 inches or more of snow.

mtbr member
    I'll go check it out once the weather turns better. My normal local loop is a skating rink today, wonder if i'll get out tomorrow anywhere.
    "but you are a jerk, google it!" anonymous negative feedback 09-18-2012 09:07 AM Keep is positive folks!

mtbr member
    I rode out to the gate, and turned around I forgot to get the JBER pass. It was ride able on the main tank trail, a little slick. I rode down the other side over to Hilltop and back. the trail conditions are less thant good for sure.

Bikes are good

Riding is good

If you have a fs bike set up with studs. We had a good rip on moose ridge and up to wolverine bowl tonight. A little sketchy in spots, but overall a good time. Fun to be on the full suspension bike. As far as JBER pass

JBER Access Passes and Regulations

There is the info to get one and sign in and stuff.

mtbr member
    no full suspension for me, Just the fattie and a hardtail. I started up Gasline, but without studs it was so pockmarked and refrozen from walkers it was mostly un rideable even with PSI down to 5. I had fun, got to play with the new GoPro anyhow.