mtbr member

DH? DJ? RBT? sorry made the last one up...

I was just dreaming of rekindling my fire for adreneline on two wheels WITHOUT the motor. I have spent years in the past riding park, dirt jumps, and downhill racing in Utah, BC, and New Zealand. Now I am in Wasilla full time (slightly less biking glamour here).

Would I be able to find anyone to ride with? keep in mind I really don't like spandex or even pedaling for that matter.

If not I'll just keep burning gasoline with the redneck folk this Valley is famous for.

Thanks for you input! if any......

-Jesse Walz
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
    Henny Youngman.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey Jesse,
    I promise not to wear spandex, but you may have to pedal...a little bit. I am in nicaragua right now and central america til the end of the month. I am going to focus on the freeride end a bit more this year, so keep in touch and empty those gas cans.
    Jamin

i drink shower water
    I live in Eagle River. (well im in Colorado Right now for school), Id be down to shred some bike with you when i get home. Im on my schoosl bike team so keeping up on the DH / FR trails would be no prob. i dont really hit DJ's that much but on occasion i venture down that path. I know a nice little spot that has potential to be a North Shore style trail.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    I don't wear spandex and I am not in a foreign country--Nicarauga or Colorado.. I do like to pedal to the top before I ride down.. however, who can resist some shuttle runs. I'm relatively new to the area, and I have a very inconsistent schedule, but I'm down to ride anything...

zach.

mtbr member

Jamin!!

I can't wait till you get back! I am ready to start digging and I just got another dmr. well I bought it on Ebay and it's not here yet

We need a good hidden place with sandy clay and a gradual downhill. Any ideas people?

The rest u guys sound cool.

Who is down to hike lazy mountain? I tried riding it two weekends ago but the snow was still more like ice. I bet its 70 plus percent rideable now.

wednesday? thurs? Fri? all three sound good 2 me.

I would also like to poach Alyeska, hike up a treeline and bomb down the runs.
    Henny Youngman.

i drink shower water
    I know of a few places to set up some stunts, and im always ready to hike the DH trails. ive never ridden Alyeska but im ready to poach with you if you are down. I hear the powerlines by the river are decent.

mtbr member
    Habib,

I wanna ride Alyeska in the snow now. Sunday is good.

The summer will be fun too, I'll be on the lift tho.

Zach,

ride. this week. wherever. 715-8808 wasilla #

I have to get in shape before jamin gets back so pedaling might work as long as there is a reward
    Henny Youngman.

i drink shower water
    is alyeska running their lifts this summer?

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    Jesse,

I can ride Friday afternoon and/or maybe saturday. I don't know what trail conditions will be like around Anchorage with all the recent snowmelt. Last week I just rode Arctic Valley--don't get to excited, it was just the road. I'm down to try new trails...

Friday, I have class till about 2.30 or 3.00 and I think I'm supposed to meet up with my wife and some folks around 6.00. Can you squeeze a ride in there? In Anchorage?

Saturday, I might be able to squeeze a few hours in the late AM/early PM. Think about it and I'll try to give you a call in the next couple of days.

Zach.

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    There is evil rumor abounding that Alyeska will be doing summer lift assisted riding.. Talk seems to focus on the new owner who is supposed to be an avid outdoorsman. Everything I am saying is pure speculation and unsubstantiated rumor... folks who share such bits of trivia are unclear whether any operation will take place this summer. I have consistently heard that the new owner would like to expand the resort and make it the world class destintation that it could be. We'll see. If they just ran the lifts this summer, it'd be enough, but cross you fingers and make some noise, 'cos it sounds like Girdwood could become a summer MTB destination...

Bikes are good

Sounds my speed

Just stumbled on to this convo. I like to ride stuff we shouldn't as well. More of a cross-country type rider. Long, long rides, or butt kicking climbs for a dangerous downhill. It's hard to find people on the same page. I'm not a trickster, but like to bomb down stuff. Count me in if it's cool.

elfbkr50@aol.com

Ologist
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly77
    There is evil rumor abounding that Alyeska will be doing summer lift assisted riding.. Talk seems to focus on the new owner who is supposed to be an avid outdoorsman. Everything I am saying is pure speculation and unsubstantiated rumor... folks who share such bits of trivia are unclear whether any operation will take place this summer. I have consistently heard that the new owner would like to expand the resort and make it the world class destintation that it could be. We'll see. If they just ran the lifts this summer, it'd be enough, but cross you fingers and make some noise, 'cos it sounds like Girdwood could become a summer MTB destination...
    That seems to come up every year. Maybe the new owners will get serious about it. Seems like the natural progression.

Keep your eyes on Hilltop. Proposals have been submitted....

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    Sweet. Sounds like some folks might be interested in riding Friday afternoon. Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't mind gnarly climbs, though they should come with a nice downhill... I also have a preference for nasty trails... suggestions..?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Jesse,
    There is an area in Anchorage that has already been explored and partially developed for DJ. ER has some stuff that's apparently big, DJ in Anchorage is set to go off, and if things go as planned....I have a project in the works that will be legaI and potentially great for everyone. Talk to you when I get home. I also know a carpenter guy that is excited about building anytime and has bridges and ladders in his yard. I think that there is a future for AK my friend.
    Let's Dig

mtbr member
    ALyeska allows bikes on the lift.....it was even on the tely last summer.

Friday is a good day for riding. Were gonna have to ditch the knarly hill climbing guy tho or you could ride with him Saturday sorry knarly hill climbing guy but there are lots of spandex dudes that share your passion.
    Henny Youngman.