mtbr member

Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update

I took a few pix on my ride from the Devil's Pass Trailhead to Resurrection Pass yesterday (6/23) so you all can see what it looks like if you're heading that way.

I was hoping to link up with the Summit Creek Trail at Resurrection Pass and take that back to the highway for a clean loop but Summit Creek Trail was hard to find and still snowed over so I just headed back the way I came. Anybody ridden Summit Creek Trail when it's dry?

Still lots of big patches of snow to cross starting about 1.5 miles below below Devil's Pass, at Devil's Pass Lake, and all the way up from Devil's Pass Cabin to Resurrection Pass. Tons of dismounts to push/carry across the snow (more than 20), which was dealable on the way up but got pretty old on the way down and made for a looong day. But the weather was perfect so I can't really complain. Hope everybody got some yesterday!

Pic 1: Devil's Pass itself was clear
    Pic 2: Trail above Devil's Pass Lake
    Pic 3: Devil's Pass Cabin looking towards Swan Lake
    Pic 4: Summit Creek Trail goes over this saddle (I think?)
    Pic 5: Resurrection Pass looking towards Hope
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update-img_1501.jpg  

Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update-img_1521.jpg  

Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update-img_1522.jpg  

Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update-img_1528.jpg  

Devil's Pass Trail-Resurrection Pass Update-img_1535.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice update! Thanks!

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenai rider View Post
    I took a few pix on my ride from the Devil's Pass Trailhead to Resurrection Pass yesterday (6/23) so you all can see what it looks like if you're heading that way.

I was hoping to link up with the Summit Creek Trail at Resurrection Pass and take that back to the highway for a clean loop but Summit Creek Trail was hard to find and still snowed over so I just headed back the way I came. Anybody ridden Summit Creek Trail when it's dry?

Still lots of big patches of snow to cross starting about 1.5 miles below below Devil's Pass, at Devil's Pass Lake, and all the way up from Devil's Pass Cabin to Resurrection Pass. Tons of dismounts to push/carry across the snow (more than 20), which was dealable on the way up but got pretty old on the way down and made for a looong day. But the weather was perfect so I can't really complain. Hope everybody got some yesterday!

Pic 1: Devil's Pass itself was clear
    Pic 2: Trail above Devil's Pass Lake
    Pic 3: Devil's Pass Cabin looking towards Swan Lake
    Pic 4: Summit Creek Trail goes over this saddle (I think?)
    Pic 5: Resurrection Pass looking towards Hope
    Thanks for the update. Enduser, my self and Pat Ganje rode the Summit creek trail you speak several years ago. We called it the Gillpatrick mtn loop. Bring your brown bag lunch.
    Once you get to Res pass. Make a Right across the tundra hike-a-bike over the the first saddle. Then there is a nice trail after that. Descend to the creek.You can ride most of the way up to the summit creek pass to a sweet river crossing water fall hike-a-bike section then descend to the highway. bring your long travel rig... It was very over grown and had very little travel on it. Have fun...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlinky View Post
    Thanks for the update. Enduser, my self and Pat Ganje rode the Summit creek trail you speak several years ago. We called it the Gillpatrick mtn loop. Bring your brown bag lunch.
    Once you get to Res pass. Make a Right across the tundra hike-a-bike over the the first saddle. Then there is a nice trail after that. Descend to the creek.You can ride most of the way up to the summit creek pass to a sweet river crossing water fall hike-a-bike section then descend to the highway. bring your long travel rig... It was very over grown and had very little travel on it. Have fun...
    Cool, that's great info, thanks. I hiked halfway up the saddle but started wondering what I might find on the other side and decided to bail. Might have to give it a go in a few weeks when the snow melts. I'm guessing most folks stay on the Res trail so yeah, little traffic. Sounds fun...

Alaskan dirt junkie
    Thx. Looks like it is getting close!

Diaskeuast
    Rode from Devil's Pass trailhead up to the pass on Saturday. Trail is generally in good shape, despite all the horse crap deposited by a couple of equestrian groups during our ride.

Still numerous snowfields to cross up in the high country. If I were doing it again in the next couple of weeks, I'd line my shoes with plastic bags to keep my feet a little drier and warmer. It's still spring on parts of this trail.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.