HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

mtbr member

Sort of new.

Last year at the Coastal trail. The trailer is the coolest part. Its like a BOB, but bolted on the seat stays.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Nice! I've give Woody's left nut to own one of those.

Caveman
    pete, on the rim close up shot the rims almost look like carbon fiber. Please tell me I'm wrong. What do you guys think... $10,000 ? for the whole shebang

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    pete, on the rim close up shot the rims almost look like carbon fiber. Please tell me I'm wrong. What do you guys think... $10,000 ? for the whole shebang

The pics from Interbike are the old 82mm wide aluminum sand rims, powder coated black. They are taped and sealed around the edge of the holes with a silicon or rubber sealant. Might give the appearance of carbon? In the pics from Anchorage the bike has Large Marges also powder coated and a sand rim on the trailer. All the wheels are interchangeable.
    Yep, I bet around $10000 is about right.
    The down tube and fork legs both hold fuel and have little vales you can use a shock pump to pressurize.
    FYI, the Pugs has more clearance. The Moots barely fitís the sand rim and Endo Morph in the rear. Just thought Iíd throw that in to make Pugsley owners feel better.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by pbasinger
    The pics from Interbike are the old 82mm wide aluminum sand rims, powder coated black. They are taped and sealed around the edge of the holes with a silicon or rubber sealant. Might give the appearance of carbon? In the pics from Anchorage the bike has Large Marges also powder coated and a sand rim on the trailer. All the wheels are interchangeable.
    Yep, I bet around $10000 is about right.
    The down tube and fork legs both hold fuel and have little vales you can use a shock pump to pressurize.
    FYI, the Pugs has more clearance. The Moots barely fitís the sand rim and Endo Morph in the rear. Just thought Iíd throw that in to make Pugsley owners feel better.
    I think it's funny that, in the pics, they mention something about an 'assault on Antarctica...'. Funny because the farthest south I've ever been is Florida...

Carbon rims? I wish. I mentioned it to Zipp at Interbike and they agreed that it'd be a good idea. Then they asked who was gonna pay for it... DOH!

The Pugs does have more clearance out back. But how y'all can live with yourselves when riding that purple monstrosity is just beyond me. I can see Adam liking it, but that's not surprising if you've ever seen his musical collection. Or his wardrobe packed with superhero UnderRoos...

Actually the Snoots frame is back at Moots right now having the rear tire clearance addressed. To their credit, when they built it I gave them a Large Marge with an Endo on it as their 'template'. Then shortly after it was built I scored 4 Sand rims, and immediately laced one up and stuck it in there. Tight. Should be solved before Christmas, which is good because it's snowing outside right now...

$10k? Not even half that. But I'll sell it for $10k. Who needs one?!

The frame, fork, and rims were expensive but the rest is pretty pedestrian stuff that I had laying around the shop. Anyone need any 26" spokes? Not sure what to do with those anymore.

Heh heh heh...

More details on the Snoots here.

Cheers,

MC

Beware of Doggerel

Hey!!!

Hey now, that's some pretty wild claims there MC. (Sez I as I type this in my skin tigh plaid pajamas next to a wall of frankenstien's banjos) I mean did Zipp really think it was a "good idea"???

Its snowing here too, so I guess I gotta go down to the garage and fiddle with my purple monstrosity.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    I think it's funny that, in the pics, they mention something about an 'assault on Antarctica...'. Funny because the farthest south I've ever been is Florida...

Carbon rims? I wish. I mentioned it to Zipp at Interbike and they agreed that it'd be a good idea. Then they asked who was gonna pay for it... DOH!

The Pugs does have more clearance out back. But how y'all can live with yourselves when riding that purple monstrosity is just beyond me. I can see Adam liking it, but that's not surprising if you've ever seen his musical collection. Or his wardrobe packed with superhero UnderRoos...

Actually the Snoots frame is back at Moots right now having the rear tire clearance addressed. To their credit, when they built it I gave them a Large Marge with an Endo on it as their 'template'. Then shortly after it was built I scored 4 Sand rims, and immediately laced one up and stuck it in there. Tight. Should be solved before Christmas, which is good because it's snowing outside right now...

$10k? Not even half that. But I'll sell it for $10k. Who needs one?!

The frame, fork, and rims were expensive but the rest is pretty pedestrian stuff that I had laying around the shop. Anyone need any 26" spokes? Not sure what to do with those anymore.

Heh heh heh...

More details on the Snoots here.

Cheers,

MC
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    ...so I guess I gotta go down to the garage and fiddle with my purple monstrosity.

Adam
    Did he just write that for all the world to see?

And who is he kidding? If it's snowing, it's cold out. Cold = shrinkage.

MC

Beware of Doggerel
    I wrote it just for you, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Did he just write that for all the world to see?

And who is he kidding? If it's snowing, it's cold out. Cold = shrinkage.

MC
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Caveman
    I think my purple monstrosity need some wrenchin too!

Mike, it only wasnt $10k because they took a likin to your little spoon tendencies.

Adam, I rode the tour trail today, and I saw what I thought was your tracks riding over bear tracks. I love winter...