GIT-R-DONE!

New question here. Crevasse Moraine Conditions

A couple of us where thinking on going up that way on Sunday. Does any one know what the conditions are like up there?
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

FatBike Fiend

Conditions are good

Quote Originally Posted by aka bubba
    A couple of us where thinking on going up that way on Sunday. Does any one know what the conditions are like up there?
    Rode out there yesterday, there's about an inch of new snow, but it's not overly slippery or muddy underneath. Mooseberry Mesa was in prime shape due to recent trail work and it was a hoot negotiating the downhills in the fresh snow. Will head out again this afternoon.

FatBike Fiend

Prime snow biking

I've been riding out there in the afternoons and conditions are great. ~3" of snow over frozen ground has been packed by hikers, a couple rather premature skiers, and Fatbikes. Mooseberry Mesa is super smooth, hard packed, and fast and you'll get extra ponts for negotiating all the switchbacks in the snow.

LT-5
    Oct 2005

Extended season alert!

Quote Originally Posted by aka bubba
    I got out to Crev Mo around 3 this afternoon, temp at 20 F. Most of the double track has been rolled by the Boro's cordoroy machine. Mostly ridable - I had to push some of the hills.

Went in the northeast side, rode around loop six to the "southeast side singletrack." I was able to put up first tracks (except for a walker and an animal or two). I bailed out where the trail "Ys", taking the right out to loop seven. The trail was very ridable in a 3" light powdery snow on leaf litter kind of way.

From there I sprinted over to moose-berry mesa. Bingo! With all the work that happened late this fall and Wildfire wheel rolling it with those huge endomorphs the trail is in superb condition. Fast and fun! Nice wheel-rolled track between 6" and 12" wide. A little fluffy stuff on each side to spank you for any sloppy steering.

Oh - and my standard issue 2.1 WTB Epic Wolf tires (w/o studs) worked just fine.

Anybody interested in a little extended season riding - now's the time, and Moose-berry Mesa is the place.

FatBike Fiend

Back at it.

I'll be out again today. I plan on leaving the parking lot around noon. Say what you want about the big wheels, one thing is sure: they roll out a heck of trail with just a few passes. Now if I can just do that after every new snow we should be able to keep it ridable all winter.