GIT-R-DONE!

New question here. Cold WX Chain Maintenance & Lube

Investigating my sudden chain seize. I found out that 3 of my links are seized. 1 of them really bad, I can't get any type of movement out of it. I was able to beat them into submission to finish the ride but it was not very much fun.

I have since cleaned the chain. Two of the three cleaned up well and have a full range of motion. The one stubborn one has not budged at all. Can I fix this by replacing the bad link “if they make replacement links” or should I just get a whole new chain? I have been using the Dry Teflon Lube by Finish Line but wanted to know what type of lube are you guys using with good results and how often?

Manny
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-03-2006 at 10:12 AM.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

Raubgee

Possible, but maybe a new chain is in order…

depending on how old it is, and who made it. If it is a Shimano, shops will have a replacement pin that needs to be used and mushroomed on the ends once a link is removed and replaced. If you use the old pin it WILL explode on you. If it is another brand, I think you're just left with replacing the whole shibang.
    And If it's old, you'll want a new one anyways. You want a new everything anyways, don't you? Here's another great excuse!

Wood chips are stupid

tweeked

The poo poo link is probably bent, and binding up good and tight. Just for kicks, try to bend it back. Just be sure to ride with a spare! Tell us how it works.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

GIT-R-DONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by akdeluxe
    try to bend it back. Just be sure to ride with a spare! Tell us how it works.
    I did, the day it happened. It was not very much fun
    I ended up buying a new chain for it and lubed it up all nice and wet
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon