Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Bill M
    Guest

    Coffee in Chickaloon

    Just a note to let everyone know Kathi M and I have our cabin weather tight here in Chickaloon and the coffee is always on if any of you are out this way. We took a break from building the other day and had a great ride from the cabin up to the base of Castle Mountain. There is a couple inches of snow up here with more falling as I write this. Entries are coming in for the 07 Iditarod Trail Invitational even had an inquiry from Jordan but still waiting to hear from some of you "local folks". Here's to a long cold winter with lots of snow riding.
    Bill M

  2. #2
    Beware of Doggerel
    Reputation: Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    665

    Good to hear

    Glad you've got your winter home all ready to go. We're getting snow here too I'm hoping to break out the skis tonight.

    Keep thinking cold thoughts.

    Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

  3. #3
    FatBike Fiend
    Reputation: Wildfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    866

    Winter is here, yippee!

    Hey BillM,

    Howzabout posting a pic or two of your FatBike with the gianormous wheel set up? We'll have to go crush some snowflakes, we got about 3 1/2" of new snow here. Let the winter riding season begin.

  4. #4
    FatBike Fiend
    Reputation: Wildfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    866

    Wait I found one

    Not a very good photo, you got anything closer up? Those babys sure do float>
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Reputation: bones get broke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    983

    Holy cr@p

    Please post a close up or even a good description. Or am I the victim of a funny guy hoax?
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

  6. #6
    FatBike Fiend
    Reputation: Wildfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    866

    Hoax?!?, moi?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    Please post a close up or even a good description. Or am I the victim of a funny guy hoax?
    No joke man, you're lookin' at the new Wildfire Designs ultimate snow wheel set up. At very great expense I went ahead and sprung for two new tire molds and tooling. The rear is the Wildfire Enormomorph 26 X 7.0 and the front is a 26 X 5.5, made by Parneli with front and rear specific treads. Weights are only 1150 g for the rear and 950 g for the front thanks to the new Nomex/Kevlar sub zero rubber and ceramic/carbon fiber bead compound. That's pretty darn light even with the retractable studs. They are tubeless for even more weight reduction and fit the all new Remolino 150 mm carbon fiber rims. These wheels have been under secret development and testing for over 5 years. They fit on the new 2007 Wildfire FatBike frames. "Will they fit my Pugs," you ask. Puh-leez, not even close. And they are patented so don't even think of knockin' em off like my other products. Heh, heh, world domination is mine!
    Last edited by Wildfire; 10-30-2006 at 01:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Reputation: bones get broke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    983

    Hook, Line, and...

    Dude!
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

  8. #8
    Beware of Doggerel
    Reputation: Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    665
    Wow that sounds great, and that weight is really light considering the "retractable studs". I've decided to go a simpler and less expensive direction myself by mounting two forward shooting flame throwers to my road bike. I intend to melt the snow/ground infront and then have it instantly freeze to a smooth glassy compound of ice dirt with just enough traction ot allow me to zip along on my 700 x 19c wheels. I will carry no food, but will use my "firepower" to hunt and roast small animals along the route.

    Adam


    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    No joke man, you're lookin' at the new Wildfire Designs ultimate snow wheel set up. At very great expense I went ahead and sprung for two new tire molds and tooling. The rear is the Wildfire Enormomorph 26 X 7.0 and the front is a 26 X 5.5, made by Parneli with front and rear specific treads. Weights are only 1150 g for the rear and 950 g for the front thanks to the new Nomex/Kevlar sub zero rubber and ceramic/carbon fiber bead compound. That's pretty darn light even with the retractable studs. They are tubeless for even more weight reduction and fit the all new Remolino 150 mm carbon fiber rims. These wheels have been under secret development and testing for over 5 years. They fit on the new 2007 Wildfire FatBike frames. "Will they fit my Pugs," you ask. Puh-leez, not even close. And they are patented so don't even think of knockin' em off like my other products. Heh, heh, world domination is mine!
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

  9. #9
    FatBike Fiend
    Reputation: Wildfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    866

    With the waste heat

    With the waste heat streaming back you can wear your preferred Speedo for even greater weight savings and aerodynamic advantage. I'll be sure to stay out of your way though, a Speedo-clad, small animal eating, roady snow biker with flame throwers is probably a good thing to avoid if at all possible.

    Sorry to hijack your thread BillM, it's been a bit slow on the ol' forum lately. Still waiting for that pic though.

  10. #10
    rio
    rio is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    938

    Aero advantage

    I would think that Adam may have a fur thong stuck away some where for that added aero advantage, rumor has it that he has been " hanging out " so to speak out at the local "wind tunnel " doing some testing. Will it be fast enough for the Goober Smacked ? I guess we all will have to wait until November 11th to find out



    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    With the waste heat streaming back you can wear your preferred Speedo for even greater weight savings and aerodynamic advantage. I'll be sure to stay out of your way though, a Speedo-clad, small animal eating, roady snow biker with flame throwers is probably a good thing to avoid if at all possible.

    Sorry to hijack your thread BillM, it's been a bit slow on the ol' forum lately. Still waiting for that pic though.

  11. #11
    Bill M
    Guest

    Super Fat Pic's

    Finally managed to take a couple of poorly lit pics of My Fat Bike with Remolino/Endomorph rear and Remolino/Nokian front. The endo is great on the back but I am still fond of the steering on our local hardpack downhills with the Gazzolotti up front. Can't wait for some punchy trails to give the Endo/Remolino rear a real test. The coffee is still hot!
    Bill M
    ps. can't get the upload pics button to work. I'll post and try to add the pics as an edit
    pps that doesn't work so I will try a new reply #@$%^^ computors

  12. #12
    Bill M
    Guest

    Super Fat second try

    I think it worked!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •