GIT-R-DONE!

Coastal Trail Offshoots

I was out on the coastal trail today getting a feel for my new shoes and I noticed that there are quiet a few offshoots that meander through the woods. I saw some evidence that bikes had been using them but I wasn’t sure if they where intended for bike use or any use for that matter. So I walked done one just down from Earthquake Park about a 100 yards or so and I came to a make shift wooden bridge that was about ready to collapse and I turned around.

Does any one know if it is OK to go riding on them or should I stay off them all together? I assume that they all meet back up with the coastal trail at some point, but who is to say! For a new guy these look like they would give me a good place to start and not to mention that it is practically right in my back yard.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

Caveman
    Ride the crap out of them, they are the closest singletrack to downtown!
    That sketchy bridge will hold, just dont wheelie drop it...
    My favorite is the supersteep drop next to the signs at earthquake park that link into a bunch of big rollers.

Diaskeuast

Keep your eyes open

The area near Earthquake Park can be particularly interesting in the fall after leaves drop and visibility improves. If you keep your eyes peeled, you'll occasionally come across remnants of pre-quake neighborhoods, such as the foundations of houses, etc.

Its Tammy! 2 M's and a Y

Good job!

I say hop on your bike and go exploring. At the bottom of the paved hill (once you leave Earthquake Park parking lot and follow the paved trail) there is a bench overlooking the water. To the left of that is an off-shoot that was pretty challenging for me. But I had fun ridin' it. It really kicked my arse. It showed me how much more practice I need on my bike. Also lube up on the bug dope or ride on a windy day. Those mosquitos were really thick back there. And watch out, cuz some trails will lead you to ride along side the bluff so if you are afraid of heights be careful. Enjoy.