rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bon Ton Roulet - 2 Day Stage Ride update #2

This ride is still on; meet at The North end of the Johnson Pass Trail Head
    on Friday, July 20th at 8 PM ( please check the sunset tables to see if you will need lights ) for the first stage and the second stage will be Saturday at the Devils Pass Trail Head with a 11 AM start time. The second stage will end at the Sea View Bar and Grill in Hope. The post ride party Saturday evening is still on !!!!!!! I will provide directions to the party venue later on in the week. The party venue will have camping available around the cabin -- the Grill Zilla will be there along with " The Grillmeister ". Please bring food and adult beverages to share !
    Be prepared to party " Frigid Bits Style " and spend the night and hopefully drive home Sunday sober !

The campgrounds that are available are Quartz Creek and Crescent Creek and I think the fee charged by the Forest Service is $11 per night. I was told that showers are available at the Kenai Princess Lodge for about $1.75.
    If there are other spots where we can camp please let us know ----

All riders are urged to have unmuted bear bells on their bike to warn hikers and other trail users that we are approaching .

Each rider will be required to ride with a helmet

This is a free event.
    I will have room to transport 1 maintenance free rider and gear and 1 additional bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

have room for 8 riders

we are driving our 15 passenger van down to the bon ton, if you need a ride please give us a call. Gas donations

Tony
    ABBT
    746-5018

Beware of Doggerel

sounds fun

sounds like fun, is it bad form to just come for the party? Jo-Ann is going to ride Rez to Devils with some of the WOMBATS on saturday and I was planning on doing some kind of ride starting and ending in Hope. I don't think I can make it to Devils by 11 am for the ride. So can I come and hang out ? I'll bring beer...

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No form required !

You are more than welcome to attend ! Bring your tent and stay overnight.
    As a reminder, any Sog Bot or Sweet Roll survivor and Frigid riders and supporters are always invited to any Frigid or Crusty Bits events .

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    sounds like fun, is it bad form to just come for the party? Jo-Ann is going to ride Rez to Devils with some of the WOMBATS on saturday and I was planning on doing some kind of ride starting and ending in Hope. I don't think I can make it to Devils by 11 am for the ride. So can I come and hang out ? I'll bring beer...

Adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Camping around Hope

There is some camping spots right next to the creek just a stones throw or so past the Ressurection Trail trailhead parking (bridge) on the Hope end. They've been there since at least the late 60's, there is an outhouse there. Not sure if any charge is required. We're driving down from Fairbanks today to attend a party Sat. at the mining claim just past the start of the trail on the Hope end. Hope I get to see some of you bikers. t

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Rio, my girlfriend is going to meet us in Hope on Saturday for the festivities portion of the event. Where do I tell her to meet us?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Stay Tuned

For Directions !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    Rio, my girlfriend is going to meet us in Hope on Saturday for the festivities portion of the event. Where do I tell her to meet us?

mtbr member

darn darn darn!

I could actually compete in a Rio event: "fridgid bits style" party and finish - infact - this conti' to the MTBR site is during a FBS training session (aren't they all?)- however, I will miss this event for my 25th high school reunion (EAST! - go Thunderbirds) - darn. more riding ... less FBS drinkin', more riding ... less FBS drinkin'....

Carlos Thankyou for these great events!!
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers