i drink shower water

a bit early but ehhh

Yo I am here in Colorado going to College but in May i will be driving back home to the great state of Alaska. I live in Eagle River but i was wondering if there are any killer trails between the border and eagle river. For the past 2 years i have been staying in CO all summer but i will be back AK this summer. So how will the trails be in Mid MAy? Rideable?
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    dude... we received A LOT of snow this winter... it may not be clear until May... LOL!!! i heard of some secret shore type trails in eagle river... with some ladders, etc... have you got to flat top and done the downhill run to hill top? thats a BLAST!!! we were doing shuttle runs...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Diaskeuast

Wait until June

Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    So how will the trails be in Mid MAy? Rideable?
    The general guideline up here is to stay off the trails until June 1 so they can dry out and not be shredded by our tires. With so much snow this winter, it's unlikely they'll dry out early this year.

Riding them early and angering other user groups is uncool. Ride up Arctic Valley Road a few times in May to build some strength and bide your time until the singletrack is in good shape.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

i drink shower water
    Yea i would never rut out a single track trail it just ruins it for everyone else, that is not just a guideline up in Ak its pretty standard everywhere. As for the Shore type trails in Eagle River.. I know of one by a lake but if you know others fill me in brotha! i cant wait to get back to AK and ride....

Doea Alyeska or Hilltop run lifts over the summer and if so what chairs do they run and how much is it?

Also im gonna need some riding buddies since all mine are in Colorado.. So dont be shy!
    Last edited by hab1b; 01-28-2007 at 12:33 AM.

mt. Alyeska or Hilltop run there lifts? NO... mt. Alyeska is now USA owned. so, they mit up open this summer for mt. bikin' . last summer, i poached mt. Alyeska... i rode up to the the bottom of chair 3, and hiked up pass the top of chair 3 and turned around and rode down pass chair 3, pass chair 7 to the hotel, and hit a trail back to the road... a few peole saw me, but no one said anything... it was hot and sunny... had a BLAST!!! here's the top on chair 3... and the top of hilltop (bottom pic)

Last edited by brian_404; 01-28-2007 at 02:13 AM.

i drink shower water
    those both look like fun rides... too bad they dont ru their lifts...

yea... hilltop would make a SICK mtb park. i went there a lot and hiked up a rode down and around... hilltop is like 10mins. from my house...
    i found a little fun box to play on...

i drink shower water
    nice... i think i might have ot make that trek a couple times when im home. it looks like fun. if i remember correctly ( from my snowboading days) it should not be a bad hike up.

yea... the bottom pic is hilltop... (from the first post of the two pic's). look to the right. i came up the cat track trail. the hike isn't too bad... just pushing up a 40lb. plus bike kinda sucked... but it was all good coming down... the xc trails are fun. i did ride up most hills... remember kincad park? that place has a lot of fast rolling xc trails...