Anchorage, AK

Bit by a Dog on the Coastal Trail Today

No stitches required, but he tore a hole in my Craft Pants and broke the skin in two place. Not a great way to start a ride. Be careful out there.

Bit by a Dog on the Coastal Trail Today-pants-torn-roy.jpg
    Last edited by Lars_D; 12-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Owner anywhere to be seen or was this a stray?

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Owner anywhere to be seen or was this a stray?
    Owner had two dogs--one on a leash,one not. The dog on a leash lunged for me and got me--she obviously knew it was a problem dog--but she didn't apologize and while she offered to pay for the pants, neither of us had a pen or paper. I did get her dog's rabies tag, so I may ultimately get reimbursed for the damage to the pants.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Imagine if that dog was not on a leash--it could have been worse. Glad you didn't need stitches!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    "She"...why does this not surprise me. Every single time I have had an issue with a dog there was a female owner involved. Strays don't even bother me much beyond the quick chase, but some little girl gets her boxer out that she has no control over and look the **** out!

I would follow up on the rabies tag, do you have the actual tag in your posession? Animal bites can be nasty, I'd go to the doc, then the LBS for some pants or whatever, and bill the irresponsible dog owner for both, plus pain and suffering. She gives me any grief and I'd sue the pants off of her.

Of the Nameless Rabble
    Feb 2011
    During my time as a paper boy, I was bitten at least a dozen times if not more. More than half of those broke the skin. Doctors get very freaked out about dog bites that break the skin because very bad things can happen. You should definitely see a doctor and you should definitely confirm that the dog's rabies vaccinations are up to date, lest you will find yourself going through a series of rabies shots yourself, which isn't fun. Even if it's not rabies, one bite gave me an infection so out of control that there was serious talk about amputating my leg. Luckily, that didn't happen.

I like this place

mtbr member
    You really should report this to the police. I would not want the woman to get into trouble if this was an isolated incident and she responded appropriately, but this may not be the first time that dog has bitten someone, and it may not be the last. If the dog is a persistent problem, creating a record of the incident may prompt some action by the authorities.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Good gravy. You sound like a damn idiot yapping about "female owners." Both times *I* have been bitten by dogs while riding, they've been accompanied by men. So I guess when males have dogs, they are just little boys taking their dogs for a walk, better look out, right? That's certainly the logical leap you're making.

Fool. Read up on misogyny and ask yourself why you're so hostile towards the opposite sex.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    ^Maybe because your uppity energy signaled to the dog that you were a threat.

Anchorage, AK
    I do not agree with MuskIron's comments and hope that he will remove them. Bad dog owners can be men or women.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    "She"...why does this not surprise me. Every single time I have had an issue with a dog there was a female owner involved. Strays don't even bother me much beyond the quick chase, but some little girl gets her boxer out that she has no control over and look the **** out!

I would follow up on the rabies tag, do you have the actual tag in your posession? Animal bites can be nasty, I'd go to the doc, then the LBS for some pants or whatever, and bill the irresponsible dog owner for both, plus pain and suffering. She gives me any grief and I'd sue the pants off of her.
    I've been bitten twice while riding. Both times the owners were men. Hasty generalization is but one sign of a weak mind and weak argument.

That is all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I donít even think musikron even lives in the state of Alaska. By the looks of his MTBR profile he sits on here all day and stirs the pot on line. His opinion on the subject is pretty much bla, bla, bla to me he is just getting people fired up for entertainment.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You are some brainwashed maroons, I think you missed a spot.

Check this out for some sexism.

Most robbers are men, that is not a sexist statement but a fact. Get over yourselves.

mtbr member
    You are some brainwashed maroons, I think you missed a spot.

Check this out for some sexism.

Most robbers are men, that is not a sexist statement but a fact. Get over yourselves.
    Just because I like feeding trolls from time to time -

Yes, your example is correct - most robbers are men is not a sexist statement, but a fact based on statistical data.

However, your earlier statement "Every single time I have had an issue with a dog there was a female owner involved", while a fact in your personal experience does not and cannot be extrapolated to the wider experience as regardless of how many "issues" you've experienced with female dog owners it is such a small sample of the wider population as to be statistically insignificant. Thus, my original assertion that your argument is invalid due to hasty generalization stands.

Further you use that hasty generalization as a means to support a flawed argument as a basis for perpetuating the idea that women are weak or in some way inferior to men through your use of the diminutive and, arguably, derogatory use of "little girl".

I, at this point, could call you a good ol boy and make some comment about how all that inbreeding that goes on in Georgia is clearly the root of your sexist attitude, your lack of ability in creating a compelling argument without relying on rhetorical fallacies and errors of logic, and an underlying self-loathing that probably points to the types of mental divisions caused in a young man's mind when abused by his mother figure early in life. I could, but that would be stooping to the same tricks and tactics which you have employed in your responses to this thread, save for the first, which was a valid and topical question.

So rather than do that, I will simply say thank you for your interest in Alaska. It is a wonderful place to live and ride and I hope if you ever get the chance to come up here, you do so. Just don't go calling any Alaska woman "little girl" because I can promise you that they will kick you arse all the way back to Athens.

Bikes are good
    Yep dude. Well done.

There might be a 3 generation lag in those southern states, with some of the people. Scary.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."