mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Bike Me Anchorage!

Just getting the word out that I have created a new Meet-up group called 'Bike Me Anchorage!'. Trying to bring all the biking in Anchorage together, a one-stop resource so to speak for ALL biking. Check it out and join if you can: Bike Me Anchorage! (Anchorage, AK) - Meetup There is no charge to be a member, there are discussion boards, calendar of events, etc.

mtbr member
    Nice! Thanks for posting this. I used to go hiking with the Adventurers Meet-up years ago. I met some really great people. I'm glad someone started a biking meetup.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I belong to the Adventure group but created the biking group since there didn't seem to be anything in Anchorage for 'all things biking'. I have events posted to the calendar, just need members to join! Thought this would be a good place to promote the site and biking events in Anchorage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks AKPeach, hopefully Alaska fatbikers will all sign up, this is a great idea to help us get some groups rides going. The group ride yesterday was a blast, it would be nice to have one several times a month.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    So far, things are well and can only get better. Need to get the word out. There is much more that we can do via the site and group as we grow. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the biking community, promoting biking, events, safer biking in Anchorage, etc. Hope to see you on a ride soon! My fat tire should be ready on Friday...can't wait!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I just wanted to say thank you to those who helped me today on the Winter City 30/50. You have reconfirmed my belief that cyclists are some of the best people on the planet. I do hope to see you guys again, and maybe even on Bike Me Anchorage! Thanks once again for your help.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Glad we could help. Did our temp fix hold until you made it back to your car? Sorry your rear shifter decided to stop working. What did the bike shop say happened? Nice meeting you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The shop doesn't know what is wrong with it and will send back to manufacturer. They put in an x9 for now as neither location had an x7. And yes, I was able to move pretty quickly with the set-up you guys did, getting back to Trek store and some lunch and a porter at Café Amsterdam. Really appreciate your help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPeach View Post
    The shop doesn't know what is wrong with it and will send back to manufacturer. They put in an x9 for now as neither location had an x7. And yes, I was able to move pretty quickly with the set-up you guys did, getting back to Trek store and some lunch and a porter at Café Amsterdam. Really appreciate your help.
    Glad to hear you made it back and your bike got fixed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Well, the bike is fixed and isn't? Trying to work this out with the two bike stores....the one I bought it from and the one that repaired it yesterday. There seems to be an issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Heading down to Homer this weekend, lets go down and show our support Valley and Anchorage fatties. I went last year too, it was a great time.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    P, S, and I are heading down tomorrow AM as well! See you down there!