Bill M

Belanger Pass Ride

Kathi M and I cut our morning nap short and headed up to Eureka this morning. We parked at mile 118 on the Glen HWY and rode the Sheep MT. 150 trail up to the top of Belanger Pass and back. Hard climb for an old man but I had Kathi behind me with her whip and the downhill was a kick in the pants! Definitely a Fatbike ride but one I would do again and again. Great to ride in full on winter for a change. Probably 2 feet of snow at the top.
    Bill M
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beware of Doggerel
    Great shots. That is a tough climb in the summer when everything is perfect. It's always a bummer when your morning nap is cut short, but that looks like it was worth it.

Where does the Sheep Mountain 150 go? does it look around the back of the pass or somewhere else. I read about it in the paper, sounds like the route is from sheep mountain lodge then around syncline or something. Looks nice.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

No, that's not phonetic
    Great pics, but they are TINY. Make em Alaska-sized next time!!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Nice pictures. Does that trail get much traffic outside of the race?

Bill M

Snowmachine playground

Hey Pete I know Zach from Sheep Mountain trains his dogs on the trail and when we got to the top of the pass it looked like a snowmachine playground all around. I think they use the Belanger Pass trail to access the hills on the other side. There is also a connecting trail from Eureka to the Pass. I am thinking unless its snowing that any Monday there would be a good trail after the weekenders leave.
    Adam----- the normal route for the race includes the Sincline Mt loop but this year the took the trail from the pass to Eureka because of overflow and low snow conditions. I am going to talk with Zach and I will let you know what I find out.
    TSCHEEZY----- We are on a crank telephone dial up out here in Chickaloon and I am not sure I can make the pics bigger without taking all day to upload them. Maybe Kathi M can make it work.
    Bill M