mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Beginner trails?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the MTB scene And looking to get in some trail riding before the season is over. Any suggestions?

Bikes are good

Hillside/Kincaid/Most anything that is legal

is completely rideable for a beginner.

Park up at Glen Alps and ride back to the powerline, real cool area and mellow climbing/technical to the cool lakes at the end. Tougher stuff up higher from there. Learn quick, soon, they will close all the good stuff to mountain bikes, or maybe even ban them altogether.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbkr50 View Post
    . Learn quick, soon, they will close all the good stuff to mountain bikes, or maybe even ban them altogether.

This man speaks the truth

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks I'll give that a shot. Why are they closing stuff out to bikes?

Bikes are good

Well...

There are a lot of the people in this city that use the trails and aren't big fans of mtn. bikes for some reason. They aren't closing more trails as far as I know, I'm just a little sour because they closed the Rabbit Lake trail to bikes this summer, and it is a real cool trail. If you park on Abbott road by hilltop and find the STA trail signs/kiosk in the lot there, you can spend some time exploring the hillside trails. They are new the last few years, and are a good place to learn how to ride. Kindcaid STA trails are a lot of fun too. Good luck. You should look into a fat tire bike as there seems to be a ton more trails in the winter (some of those closed to biking too which is pretty funny.)
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

is buachail foighneach me
    Pretty much everything bike legal in Anchorage is beginner friendly. If there's a no bikes sign, that probably means it would be a great intermediate to expert level trail.